Thread: CorelX%

CorelX%

Arghh! Once again I get caught out with the new x5 liking CMYK, but not my Epilog. I upgraded to X5 for the better importing features from 11 and really like certain aspects of the program, but keep running into the whole CMYK thing.
    I opened an old 11 file to use a logo for a company, added in the new text they wanted and of course the logo wanted to engrave in CMYK which gave a whole greyscale box around the entire thing. Not acceptable. In 11, the logo engraves almost like a line drawing. Plus all the text came in as CMYK also. That wasn't an issue since I was starting with new text. I just didn't catch the logo until I sent the job over.
    When I start a new job, I have the defaults set to RGB, but does anyone have suggestions on how to make all my old files open RGB instead of CMYK?

This is going to be a PITA if I have to check all old files for use in X5.

Thanks
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75W
    Newing Hall Apex 300 & 400 w/power bases
    I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.

I had that issue but managed to solve it. I can't remember what did the trick but it wasn't something routine. If I can remember I'll post it. In the meantime you should review Roy Brewer's tutorial. You can find it at EngravingConcepts.com.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks Mike, I will take a look. I was trying to do a search earlier for posts by Roy, but I haven't figured out the new forum/search engine thing yet. I couldn't find any of his posts.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75W

Kathy
    please look here for help solving some issues in X5
    http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_colormgmt_corelx5.htm

Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Jeff, Thanks for that link. Looks like it did the trick. The confusing part is that when I click on the objects/text it still shows CMYK colors, but when sent to the engraver, it works fine.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75W

A quick fix can be had by publishing the file to a .pdf, and charge the .pdf parameters to RGB
    When your ready to save it, choose setting, advanced, under color management, choose output all objects as RGB or Greyscale.. The import the .pdf and bingo it's converted..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it