Thread: Nativity Scene fix

Nativity Scene fix

A friend brought a broken ceramic Nativity Scene to my workshop and explained that the ceramic base was broken and asked what could be done to make it "whole". He had earlier provided me with an old section of a Cedar tree from his property. The ceramic Nativity scene sat on a mechanical device that when wound up would rotate and play a tune. I used a bandsaw to cut the cedar and then removed the bark to fashon a new base for the rotating Nativity Scene. Driled a two inch hole into the cedar base and fastened the mechanical device into the hole. Finished the base with three coats of Minwax Spar Urethane. He gave it to his wife today for her birthday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

Sorry

Sorry about the size. New Camera & photo software. Difficult time understanding digital resizing.
    Jerry
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

Obviously, the Nativity scene must have been pretty special to your friend's wife and now, with the new base with origins off their own property, you've made it that much more special! A simple project, yet is probably bringing much joy to your friends! Good job, Jerry!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!