Thread: $28 worth of pine..

Question $28 worth of pine..

Island Table 004.jpgand a few screws.Island Table 002.jpgtop is 16" wide, by 36" long. Legs are 34" tall, by 1-3/8" square. Spindles are 3/4" thick, by 1" wide, with a 45 degree bevel, top & Bottom. Table will be painted by the "Boss" for her Valentine's Day gift. Just playing with pine.

Blog Entries
    Nice little pine projct. Post more after it's painted. Not everything has to be walnut or cherry - sometimes you just need functional, solid stuff.

Not bad for "BORG" lumber. I did have to sort a few boards until I found some that were real good. That goes for the panels, as well. Panels are sold wraped in plastic. 2x4 was a "pre-cut' one, which was all I needed any way. 24' of 1x4x8', and only three knots! They will let you stand up there all day, just sorting for "good" wood. Any thing in that bay was $1.88. Panels were flat, and stayed that way after they came un-wrapped. I'm thinking about re-doing my computer desk this way. Saves a lot of glue-up time when you can buy a panel already made up.