Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elk Hide

Mike,

That came out beautifully!

Can you expound on that acrylic technique?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Keith

Thanks, the other thing I didn't mention is that I built a platform about 5 inches high which allowed me to roll up excess hide under and around the platform so that it wouldn't interfere with the movement of the laser.

With your new machine you could just engrave the whole thing without moving it and worrying about registration.
    That's what I do with Denim Jackets. Just spread it out flat on top, a few pins around the edges (not advisable with leather) to hold it tight and firm, then stuff the rest under the table..
    Nice job on the Elk hide, and particularly on the registration. That acrylic is a good idea.. Hope I can remember it
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it