Thread: Wood turning blanks

Wood turning blanks

I had never heard of this place and Michelle (here) was asking if anyone knew anything about them. I looked them up and found they were just down the road from where I was going to be for a few days in Florida, so I went on a field trip. Steve and Dianne are super nice people with a great selection of wood, and you should check them out if you're looking for green wood ready to ship. They have a lot more blanks than I'm posting.
    Steve took me over to his lathe area, showed me some nice pieces he's turned and gave me the history of why a SW form seedpot has such a small hole. I could have stayed all day and yacked, but they probably would have put me to work......
    Always nice to get some face time with folks you do business with and I encouraged them to join in over here and maybe get involved.
    Check them out at woodturningblanks4U com

mj

ps - I got a nice selection of various maples, rosewood, NIP, red gum and pecan. I paid regular prices, no discount and I am not affiliated with them.
    Oh yeah, there's some scrap Ipe pieces my cousin found that I should be able to get a pen or 2 out of.(shown with "my wood")
    Attached Images Attached Images

Michael you are right. They do have some nice blanks and are great to deal with. Their ambrosia maple and NIP is really nice.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I'd be like a fat kid in a candy store in that place! Looks like you made it out with a nice selection, and we'll be patiently waiting for you to finish and post them. I'll have to check them out next time I get the urge for Norfolk pine.

Looks like they have a great selection, I need to order some wood soon, there is a lot I want to try and cant find it localy...but I am a little scared to find out what the shipping will cost me to colorado!

Just what I need - another great wood source to suck money out of my wallet!!! Nice haul, Michael, but I didn't see any of those burls in your stack.

Hi Michael: I did order from them & the wood was very very nice. They were also very nice to deal with. I called in my order & got Dianne. She was great. So I give them a thumbs up. The UPS is a killer tho, as the wood is wet & heavy.

Michael,
    Don't hold us in suspense. Why is the hole in a SW seed pot do small?
    fmr

I was there about 2 weeks ago and brought home a great variety of Florida woods. Wonderful people to work with. I also took pictures to post, but Micha3el beat me to it.