Thread: Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw 35 825 question

Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw 35 825 question

I am wanting to put a Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw 35 825. Can I just buy a fence or do I need different rails? Thanks in advance
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    What kind of rails are currently on the saw ???

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.

Why not a UniFence

I liked it better. Best feature was that you could pull the fence pretty far back and use it as 'stop block' for repetive cuts. Also the fencce will lay in the flat position allowing you to cut a piece of wood against the fence with laminate overhanging the low section of the fence. Just some of the features that came in handy when building custom furniture.

There is that big long rail that sits on the leading edge of the saw. Its longer than the cast iron. There in no fence with the saw. I use my mentors unisaw fence and it works well enough but I think I would like the Biesemeyer style fence. Does it take a different type of rail?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joseph D'Orazio; 02-02-2011 at 7:44 AM.
    <-------- Knows nothing of WoodWorking. Wants to know everything about WoodWorking.

The Biesemeyer and Unifence use different rails. If your current rails work with the Unifence, then you would have to replace both rails and fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schoene View Post
    The Biesemeyer and Unifence use different rails. If your current rails work with the Unifence, then you would have to replace both rails and fence.
    Thank You. The saw did not come with a fence. I can, however, compare my bosses fence with this one I suppose. I do appreciate the help.