Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power lowering during long cut jobs

Well,if a mirror overheats it can distort and the laser loses alignment and I have heard of lenses that have a hairline crack that reveals itself and interrupts the beam as it strikes the compromised lens and heats it more
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

thanks for the infos Rodne!
    when you talk about distortion of the mirror are you talking about a temporary status or a real deformation?
    Cause when I engrave in raster mode (where the temperature is lower, I know) my laser works perfectly..
    Epilog Zing 30W
    Adobe Illustrator

Temporary - when it cools it relaxes. The mirrors will have to be damaged or dirty to allow them to overheat tho.
    To avoid the flashbacks don't cut on the honeycomb , put a piece of anodised aluminium on the bed/table (it absorbs laser) and elevate the perspex on blocks or pieces or perspex so its off the table.
    If you can expose or open the tube chamber the tube on your machine , allow a very strong fan to blow on it after cleaning all the heat fins /fans of dust (with a dry paintbrush or canned dry air) , if it still loses power when being "supercooled" , then its most likely nothing to do with tube temperature
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher