Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss....Again

Randy Moss....Again

Headline for article in Chicago tribune this AM says " Moss laughs off his penalty". He further states in article"Ain't nothin but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me?". He also suggested in his interview he might perform a more vulgar TD celebration next time?! (pause) This is the state of our professional sports today and its overpaid, pampered and powerful "athletes" . I trust The Eagles will take care of business Sunday afternoon..
    Jerry

Meanwhile the NFL and the TV staions sit back and sing..."money money money!!!" "ratings raings ratings!!"

I watched alot of the Red Sox 75 World series coverage this week on NESN, it was SO refreshing to sit and watch a game with a mellow announcer and not have the screen filled with graphics and text scrolling under the picture. We live in a socoety today where subtle is never enough. Bummer I say!!

go pats.

I have a high school friend who played with the Raiders back in the 60's and early 70's.

A couple of years ago he related to me how the Green Bay fans would line up outside the stadium and wait for the opposing team's buses to leave and these fans would moon, en masse, the buses as they drove by to the airport.

Randy Moss is a horses patoot, but he didn't doing anything those Green Bay fans weren't accustomed to doing to opposing teams.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 01-14-2005 at 6:29 PM.
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Perata
    I have a high school friend who played with the Raiders back in the 60's and early 70's.

A couple of years ago he related to me how the Green Bay fans would line up outside the stadium and wait for the opposing team's buses to leave and these fans would moon, en masse, the buses as they drove by to the airport.

Randy Moss is a horses patoot, but he didn't doing anything those Green Bay fans weren't accustomed to doing to opposing teams.
    Your half right.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 01-14-2005 at 6:30 PM.

I agree completely, Michael. While I agree that today's athletes are nothing but overgrown, money-grubbing babies, what Moss did should NOT be receiving the kind of attention it is getting. How about maybe focusing on....his ankle, and how THAT may effect his performance this weekend. Lighten up, people.

Keith
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 01-14-2005 at 6:31 PM.

I look forward to the inzone dance these guys do....I find it very entertaining. The mooning was a little off...but I think it has been over done. Play ball, hit hard and let it be fun...thats what it is all about.

I feel that the Moss incident is just another example of our societies slow degeneration toward immorality. It seems to be an insidious movement that can't be stopped. It can't be stopped because each event doesn't seem bad enough to speak out against. Most people are to busy to take a stand. Look closer to home for an example. Look at the way many of the teenage girls dress. I am thinking of the large gap between tops and bottoms. If you have a daughter, do you let her dress this way? Is it to hard to keep her from dressing this way so you don't even try? But then many wonder what is the matter with teenage boys when they only think of the girls as objects of desire. The girls didn't have anything to do with this did they? Or how about the popular TV show that depicts an adult having an on going sexual relationship with a minor. That slid under everyones radar. If I'm not mistaken it is against the law for this to happen in reality, at least in my state it is. But our liberal TV once again plants the seeds for further immoral practices in our society. I think, on the whole, our society has "lightened up" to much over the years. I can remember a time in the sixities when the Smothers Brothers couldn't say the word "breast" on TV, even though it was in a line from Shakespeare. What I am saying is that when I look at all of this in the short time frame I don't see much of a change. But when I look at the longer time frame then I see a big change. I wonder what the morals of our society would look like if we could instantly look ahead fifty years.
    These are just a few of my honest thoughts on the subject. I have no children so I really couldn't care less where the morals of this country are going to go.
    Pete Lamberty

Moss + Media = gets folks ire up.

Moss - Media = who cares

FWIW, I've never been a fan of endzone dances and all the extra celebration that goes on when a TD is made. Gee, act like you been there. But, let's face it, Football is there for entertainment purposes and if this is what people want, that is what they get. Regular TV is getting uglier and uglier...I guess to compete with cable: Dennis Franz butt, Janet's boob, and every year, they "add" one more piece of profanity....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Pete

I sort of prioritize my issues:

War
    Poverty
    Racism
    Intolerance
    Decline in Education
    Decline in the Environment
    PNAC
    Homophobia
    Intelligent Design Teaching Requirement
    Lack of intelligent sophisticated mainstream TV programs
    Naked breast(s) on TV
    Profanity on TV
    Randy Moss doing a psuedo "mooning"
    Michael in San Jose
    Non confundar in aeternam

Speaking of inappropriate language....PLEASE....let's keep this clean. This is still a public forum and is visited by men and women of all ages. I have edited a few posts here to clean up a word that was included in the post and the replies.

Once again, thank YOU for your cooperation.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

What Michael said--but with a lot more dashes between war and everything else.

Talking

You anybody heard Paul Harvey Wed or Thur morning?
    Speaking on the Moss Incident he said "the NFL wants to fine him and President Bush wants to make him ambassador to France!"

Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Michael, with all due respect, yeah, what Mark said. You're HALF right. I won't deny nor defend those fans. BUT, (no pun intended ) we don't have thousands of kids idolizing those fans. Those fans aren't being televised throughout the Country and World. Those fans do NOT get paid millions of dollars for their "performance". Fact is, WE, the fans, pay for HIS salary in one way or another. For my money, I like to see a player doing what I'm paying him to do. Somehow, I don't think his contract includes swearing and performing demeaning actions to *any* fans, whether they be GB, Eagle or any other team fans! That said, I know which team I'll be rooting for this weekend!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Unhappy What do we tell our kids?

Here's my problem with sports these days, and football is probably the worst offender.

I grew up watching all kinds of sports with my family, and growing up in the midwest, college and pro football were the biggest best sports to watch. That's part of me, and now that I have a 2 year old son I'm hoping that some day he and I can enjoy watcing Michigan beat USC in the Rose Bowl or the Detroit Lions win a Superbowl (okay, call me an optimist! ).

But could I really encourage my son to watch a broadcast on Fox (or ABC, or whatever else?). These days the ads and promos are as much or more offensive than anything that happens on the field. Do I really want my son getting exposed to promos for the next Swimsuit reality show or SpouseTrading or Temptation Island? I've had this conversation with my Dad and we can't come up with a satisfying solution. The only solution that is offered by technology these days is to TiVo the game and skip the ads, but watching a game live is half the fun!

What's anyone else think? I know I'm not the only one here with young family members? What do you tell your youngsters when Fox airs their trashy promos?

I've said it before...were I the commisioner, I assure you MY fine would get his attention. $10K might might 'not mean s#$t'...maybe $100K would've been better. His brushing off the first fine would've resulted in another one immediately. Quite frankly, I think there should be an absolute zero tolerance policy for this kind of thing...let them see what kinda money they can make on the street.

And don't EVEN get me started on the fantastic new drug policy in MLB. Everybody knows the rules...so why do they get four chances?! One positive and you're gone...period. Forever. Go get a job.

KC