Thread: more boxes

more boxes

My wife likes to give these away. Some are all cherry ones and the others are a maple/purpleheart sandwich. Simple but cute.

007 (1024x683).jpg008 (1024x683).jpg
    This box is made from reclaimed timbers pulled from the Susquehanna river. I got some boards from a gentleman who had pulled the timbers quite a while ago, so I made him a box from the proceeds. I really am not sure of the wood. I stained it as it was an unusual greenishcolor raw. The lid is some walnut with a maple border.
    010 (1024x683).jpg011 (1024x683).jpg

2. Nice boxes, I especially like the round ones. Is there any intended purpose for these?

Blog Entries
    That's a lot of really nice boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Alexander View Post
    Nice boxes, I especially like the round ones. Is there any intended purpose for these?
    Thanks. No, no intended purpose. Just thought I'd try some round ones. The others are mostly given away so who knows what they get used for elsewhere. My wife has some holding binder clips, note cards, etc.; just misc. stuff that needs a container. I suppose you could put a roll of stamps in the round ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    That's a lot of really nice boxes.
    The rason there are so many similar is because it was safer to joint bigger boards for the maple/purpleheart glue ups before cutting out the boxes, so that gave more material to work with.

6. Very nice Rick! I like that sliding top.

Nice batch of boxes Rick.