Thread: 36"drawer slides?

36"drawer slides?

I get to build a kitchen remodel with one wall having a 3' deep base cabinet.

Does anyone know of a company that makes quality heavy duty 36" drawer slides?

Blog Entries
    I believe Accuride does, but they are not a cheap date. 36" drawer slide
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Considering the high price of 36" full extension slides, you might consider using shorter (say 24") full-extension slides on the 36"-deep drawers. The result is that the drawer doesn't pull all the way out of the case -- that is, it is more like a 2/3-extension slide. That's a pain with drawers that aren't very tall, but may not be too bad with drawers that are tall. You're making a base cabinet, so I'm guessing that you're going to have three drawers. The lower two will be used for pots and pans, and therefore will be rather tall -- 12" or so. So if the rear 12" of the drawer stays inside the case, the rear of the drawer will still be accessable. On the top drawer, which might be only 6" tall or so, you probably can't use this trick. You either have to use the expensive full-depth slides, or just make the top drawer only 24" deep.

Lee Valley carries them. That is who I got my 30, 32, 36, and 42" ones from. The 42's were used in a half wall pantry. No they are not cheap.

Thanks guys for the thoughts and links. We're just in the earliest phase and still fleshing out this project. This helps get me on some solid footing.

I frequently use Blum 568 in 27 and 30 lengths.

I also like KV 8505's in 30" which are much cheaper if you don't need soft close. I bet these could handle a 36" deep box unless you are storing anvils.

Deep slides cost more, but cost per inch isn't bad, remember that the cabinet face cost stays the same....

-Steve
    Last edited by Steve Griffin; 01-17-2011 at 11:20 PM.

36" full extension slides with 500 lb. rating! $125.97 a pair at Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Drawer-Slide-E.../dp/B0009OBPH4

I truly abhore 3/4 extension slides. The back of the drawer is only a junk collector. Make your client Happy with full-extension slides. If he's gonna Play, he's gotta Pay! Like my Dad usta say, "It doesn't cost much more to go First Class!"
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

I have used some of those large Accurides, in the 48" size. Make sure you size your cabinet accordingly, they are thicker than 1/2". If memory serves the fourty eights were 1" thick, so I had to allow 2 1/16". They are VERY heavy. I have a picture of my brother and I both standing in a drawer with those slides.