Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridgid Router

Think I will as well - Thanks for the input!
    ken

$129 still... this was a no-brainer... now have to come up with a use for it lol

I happen to have $200 in HD gift cards from xmas
    ken

installed the router tonight on a router table for my kreg beaded face frame kit and i forgot about the excellent above table height adjustment - this time around i actually remembered to drill for the adjusting tool lol. love the locking button for one wrench bit changes. the dust shrouds are nicely included along with it unlike the bosch which i also own. the only thing i don't like is that paddle switch but i'll probably just hook it up to a pedal anyways. can't wait to fire it up tomorrow and make some test cuts!

Just bought it used a 20% harbor freight coupon and a gift card walked out the store with it for $70.00

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perrone View Post
    Just bought it used a 20% harbor freight coupon and a gift card walked out the store with it for $70.00
    you are HURTING me lol gratz

7. Sweet. Thanks for the tip. Picked a kit up yesterday. The $99 PC was out of stock but they still had a few of these left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ashmeade View Post
    And I used to laugh when I read about people with several routers
    Yeah, how about those idiots? I only have four.
    Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of bench.

I was socially distant before it was cool.

A little authority corrupts a lot.

i lost track after six... or was it seven? rofl i swear i'll find a use for all of them.... eventually!

frank, does the dust shroud accept a shop vac hose? The one I saw in HD today didn't have a hose connection and I couldn't tell from examining the box
    That which does not kill you will likely raise your insurance premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Higginbotham View Post
    HD has these on sale for 129 and I have been needing a plunge router - anybody have one?

http://www.google.com/products/catal...7481967589536#
    Well, I didnt have one until I saw your post. Now I have two. Thanks for the heads up. I had been eyeing these for years, but couldn't bring myself to try one when the price was so close to the PC's, but at $129 it was a no brainer. I really like the feature set, though they do appear considerably bulkier than other models. I'll be using mine for interchangable router table set ups, so the extra bulk won't bother me. Hmmm, HD did have a couple more

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tringo View Post
    frank, does the dust shroud accept a shop vac hose? The one I saw in HD today didn't have a hose connection and I couldn't tell from examining the box
    Yes, they do have a dust collection attachment.

guess im headed back to HD tomorrow, thanks....just picked up the Ridgid 23 gauge pin nailer on clearance for 59 + 10% off for 53.10
    Last edited by Chuck Tringo; 01-15-2011 at 6:59 PM.

Got it, $116.10 out the door, thanks guys Anyone happen to know what edge guides work with them...the holes look a bit small for the Bosch ones and HD doesnt carry one for the Ridgid...the ryobi they do carry looks a bit flimsy...
    Last edited by Chuck Tringo; 01-16-2011 at 2:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perrone View Post
    You lucky so and so. I picked up one yesterday....delivered to the store by Fedex in Dec 2008.... would you believe. The box was trashed even with the electronic gizmo attached. Was the last one, stored way-up near the roof. Guy got the ladder. I whined and complained and the nice lady at C.S. knocked off 15 bucks. So $220 with tax.
    It look good, well worth the $$$$$$$$$s. I'm happy though haven't used it yet.

Art.