Thread: Record RPML 300c

Record RPML 300c

Does anyone have some info on this lathe(record rpml300c). I bought one at a flea market and it seems to be in almost perfect shape. It's been unused for a long long time and I want to take it apart and clean it (one bearing also seems noisy), but I'm not sure how the shaft goes into the head stock. It seems to be in pretty firm (assuming it's stuck) and I don't want to pound too hard on the casting. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Never pass up the chance to use a hand plane.

Re: Record RPML 300C

I"m a bit late to the party but if you haven't found the answers yet - I've got this lathe (love it) and the owner's manual - I can scan and email you a copy. As for the bearings - I don't think you can get at them, they're supposed to be sealed lifetime or something beyond my scope of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Miller View Post
    Does anyone have some info on this lathe(record rpml300c). I bought one at a flea market and it seems to be in almost perfect shape.

Never heard of a lathe that the bearings couldn't be replaced. Be patient and somewhere you will find out how. They may have a keeper or retaining system to remove but eventually they will come out. Take them to a bearing supply house and they will match them up for you. You could take the head stock a machinist and I'm pretty sure he could press them out and replace them for you.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Rpml300c

Joe,
    If you still have the owners manual for this lathe I would sure appreciate a copy of it. A fellow gave me one, looks like new, about 3 or 4 years ago. I finally got a bench built for it and got it ready to go, I think. Having never done any wood turning it would be nice to at least see a manual on the thing. I have 22 + years as a machinist and have turned many different kinds of material on a metal lathe, including wood, but these wood lathes lack many of the parts I'm used to having on a metal lathe, cutter holder, cross slide, compound rest, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Meyer View Post
    I"m a bit late to the party but if you haven't found the answers yet - I've got this lathe (love it) and the owner's manual - I can scan and email you a copy. As for the bearings - I don't think you can get at them, they're supposed to be sealed lifetime or something beyond my scope of understanding.

Hi Joe, I know it's been ages but you don't still have a copy of the manual do you?

I have a small 'record lathe' (green .. 3 speed .. heavy) .. I believe it to be in the 300 series .. It's out in my shop, so I'll check in the AM .. I have the manual also .. I can scan the manul and email to you ...

Don in Medford, OR

Hi Don, did you have any luck? Is yours the 300c model?

8. Rpml 300

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Meyer View Post
    Hi Joe,

Again late in here but if you still have a copy of the RPML 300 workshop manual I could do with a copy as I picked one up at weekend and I need to workout a few bits on it.

Thanks Andy

Can you post pix of the lathe?
    Do or do not, there is no try.

Does anyone have a copy of any of the manuals for the 300c lathe that they can scan and attach to this post?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

I just purchased one of these. I made an account at the Record UK site- http://www.recordpower.co.uk/ and I asked them if they had a copy of the manual. They sent me a pdf of the manual within 36 hours. I would be happy to upload a manual to this thread, although I don't see an option to do that. In the meantime, I now have a manual, if anybody here still needs one.

Andy
    Last edited by Andy Guss; 10-01-2015 at 9:23 AM. Reason: fixed typos

This thread is two years old.

Yes, John. The thread is old. However, if you read it you will see that a number of people were looking for this manual at one time or another. In fact, looking forward, I would guess that almost anybody who buys one of these lathes and does a google search for the manual will also find this old thread, as I did, and wish that it had more useful information about actually getting the manual, which is why I updated it with that information.

Andy

I never saw if anyone had a manual to post for theRecord Power RPML 300c ? I have a older Blue colored one that I believe is the 9' model. Any PDF manual would be great. Thanks!

"Brownsville", North Queensland, Australia.

If you are desperate

If you are desperate you could try http://www.lathes.co.uk/manuals/ it lists

MR58RPML Record RPML-300 lathe Operator's Instruction and Assembly Manual and Illustrated Parts Manual. £25

Is the bearing set up similar to this on page 21 @
    http://www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/pa_425792.pdf

or look through the manuals at http://www.recordpower.co.uk/support/page/manuals

Last edited by Geoff Whaling; 12-04-2015 at 3:15 AM. Reason: added link to PDF