Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open ltr to Packer fans (attn John M.)

Open ltr to Packer fans (attn John M.)

Where can I send a contribution? Sadly, yesterday was not a good day for the Pack @ Lambeau field. Even St Brett didn't do well (4 interceptions) which only shows he's human. Thought it would be a better game and I kept looking for the exciting finish. The Pack seemed to let them go by in the 2nd half. Winner of 8 straight @ home against a struggling team. It shoul've worked...Anyway, back to the shop or maybe another S.Adams Christmas brew left over from the holidays.
    Jerry

Jerry,

You can send it to:

Packers Fan Annon
    C/O Jeff Sudmeier
    1 Lands' End Ln
    Dodgeville, WI 53595

I will make sure that it gets spent on a quality product to relieve the pain of the loss.

Read: TOOL PURCHASE

All said, I am amazed that they made the playoffs. You could just tell from the start of the game that it was not going to be a good day. Aww well, at least now I have a reason to cheer for the Vikings.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    It wasn't such a bad day. Go Vikings!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I don't think it really matters who the NFC sends to the Superbowl, the AFC team are going to smoke them.

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AFC Championship game will be the Super Bowl.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Arceneaux
    I don't think it really matters who the NFC sends to the Superbowl, the AFC team are going to smoke them.

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kevin, I agree the STEELERS have to be "the pick" BUT watch out for NewEngland and/or Phila. Should be great playoffs!! Maybe even Indpls the way Payton is playing...
    Jerry

Well, it is a sad day in Packerland. I, however, don't think it really matters whether the Vikes or the Pack goes to see the Eagles. That will be the end of the season as the Eagles are the class of the NFC.

Oh, yeah, I hope the Eagles smack NO CLASS R.M. around a lot. He deserves nothing less [other than a suspension] for his no class act in the end zone. I'd say a fine, but even a fine of $20,000 is probably less than a tenth of what his pay was for that game.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Yep, Jerry. Peyton is amazing. He is a threat anytime he touches the ball. Hands down I think he is the best QB in the league right now. If they only had a consistent defence they could be a real threat.

Karl

Karl that R.M. is a real ___ I agree.(capitol A) I couldn't believe his "act" after that touchdown! He deserves to be suspended but he won't! Its a reflection of where sports "are" today! Anyway, too bad for the Pack and my hero, Brett. It should be a great playoff and I agree Phila will get it done next round...
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    Well, it is a sad day in Packerland. I, however, don't think it really matters whether the Vikes or the Pack goes to see the Eagles. That will be the end of the season as the Eagles are the class of the NFC.

Oh, yeah, I hope the Eagles smack NO CLASS R.M. around a lot. He deserves nothing less [other than a suspension] for his no class act in the end zone. I'd say a fine, but even a fine of $20,000 is probably less than a tenth of what his pay was for that game.
    It just goes to show you what the Pack is America's team. Even when the other team soundly beats them, the Packers still come out as the classier team. The Vikings will never be that team with the attitude that they have, it's not just Moss.

My problem with Moss wasn't his endzone dance, that was terrible, but what was even worse of a low life move was his swearing during his post game interview. He will get away with it because of the delay. However, if that would have happened before the delay, there would have been major fines or a suspension.

I felt bad for the Packer's right up until that dumba$$ play that favre did at the end of the half. And to top it off he was laughing about it...after that I didn't feel so bad that they got schooled by the lowly Vikes. (Sorry Tyler)....Anyway with the pats wining last year and then the Sox winning this year...am I too greedy hoping for a Pats_Sox_Pats ....dare I add a second Sox? I'm a little worried about the Colts....with the pats secondary crippled its going to be a tough next 3 games.

Go Pats!!!

Uh, go Rams? Course look at the Cardinals.

OK my take. I'm not going to defend Moss but I think there is a lot over reacting going on in the media about this. Read this taken from ESPN.com.
    Get the whole article here http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=1963829

Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said he saw Moss' action and, "I thought it was kind of humorous."

"It's not the kind of thing you want to see on national TV, but I understand what it was all about," he said.

"Anyone who has played in the NFC Central knows what that's about. The fans in Green Bay have a tradition in the parking lot after the game where they moon the visiting team's bus," he said. "It's kind of a unique sendoff."

It more about RM having fun/interacting with GBay fan. It was more good natured then people realize...but the media is to bust ripping him to report this side.

That said I'm not going to say it was ok, but I understand it.
    Go Vikes
    Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Unhappy You all have nothing to be embarrassed about!!!!

You all have nothing to be embarrassed about

"Recovering Bronoc fan"

OIE!

Chris
    "I have worked myself up from nothing to extreme poverty." Groucho Marx
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChrisPineWorkshop

OK, guys, I sat through the torture of that miserable game. Fault could be placed on anyone, but it belongs to *everyone* who was out on that field Sunday. I saw the game, as well as the two previous matchups between these two teams earlier in the season. I still think the Pack is a better and classier team, but that's just MHO. And, as someone else said, I don't believe it matters who goes against the AFC this year, it shouldn't be much of a competition.

As for Moss....Sure, part of it might be the media "blowing out of proportion", but I really don't think so. He's a spoiled little kid, wanting...No...NEEDING that spotlight ALL the time! Even the hapless Pack was shutting down a LOT of his attempts Sunday and that just didn't sit right with him. Culpeper was the obvious "center of attention" and, rightfully so. He was doing a magnificent job out there. Ahhh, but that might take away from the attention Randy would otherwise get. Well, he made sure to get that attention. No, not by playing outstanding ball. Not by being a team player. By swearing (and a couple times it was real easy to "see" exactly what he was saying off-mic!) on and off mic, as well as the end zone garbage. He got EXACTLY what he set out to do. There were a number of key players for the Vik's doing above-average work out there, but he's the one who got front page news this morning! I even spoke (wrote) back and forth with a few friends in MN who told me in no uncertain terms that there's a real, REAL large MN base of fans who would love to see nothing more than Moss get the boot! And NOT out of the game, but off the Viking roster! Sorry for the "rant", but I've seen a lot of ball games through the years and watched a lot of real arrogant teams beat up on the Pack, but I've never seen the likes of that spoiled brat! OK, stepping down from soapbox....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!