Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CL Tool Gloat: '97 Minimax EuroShop SC-30 (aka LAB 300N)

Fantastic find! Before looking at the price you paid, I thought that $2000 probably would have been a good deal. Wow, $600. There are a couple of ways to justify the issue of extra machines in your shop. If you sell the jointer and the planer, you can probably recover your $600. Or you could sell them to purchase the jointer fence. Either way, you got a steal. Great job, and ENJOY!!!!!!
    I drink, therefore I am.

A most excellent deal!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is felony level theft!

YOU SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    YOU SUCK!
    Thank you for validating that this was a gloat-worthy deal.

I was reluctant at first to post about the deal for fear that it might hurt future negotiations when I went to sell it. But I've had enough time with the machine to know that it is going to be a permanent addition to the shop (unless I find an $800 Felder.)

I do wonder how many of the other responders to the ad (I was one of a dozen less than 6 hours after it was posted) would have been able to adjust the machine back to proper working condition. My experience with expensive cars is that they eventually depreciate enough for cheapskates (like me) to buy, but remain just as expensive to maintain. This often results in a death spiral of neglect and abuse, and soon the car's only value is as parts.

It's been almost 11 years since this thread was created, but I'm going to give this a shot. Mark, I have the same exact machine as you and it is starting to give me some trouble (e.g., electrical switch, plastic cover/shroud, etc.). I purchased it used from a friend-of-a-friend and it did not come with a user manual. Needless to say, finding any information on it has been very difficult.

Do you still have your machine? Do you have any manuals, brochures, etc., that might be helpful?

Anything you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Marcus, Mark Denovich has not even checked in since November 2020. Unlikely he will respond.

Marcus, you can likely obtain documentation from: https://www.scmgroupspareparts.com/e...account/login/
    --

The best part of this deal is he found that machine sitting on his toilet....

A new start switch will cost you $450 if you can find one. I found new old stock wafers on eBay to make my own. That thing is filled with a ton of plastic parts and springs.

I removed the switch and separated the wafers to clean the contacts and I think I got it back together correctly. But now, I don't even get power to the on/off switch. It's definitely going to require some troubleshooting. Most certainly will take all of your advice. eBay here I come!!!

Thanks gents, and Happy New Year.

Check any internal breakers...they may be hidden behind a panel as they were on the S315WS slider I owned.
    --

Thanks Jim! I'll do that.