Thread: Laguna Tools at Rockler

Laguna Tools at Rockler

Rockler Woodworking and Hardware announced an agreement with Laguna Tools to be the first U.S. retailer to market and distribute stationary power tools from the California-based manufacturer. Laguna products are available through its website, Rockler.com, and should be in their stores starting this month according to Workshop News.

I know that some have considered Laguna but had difficulty finding them.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 01-13-2011 at 6:57 PM. Reason: Corrected title
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

My local woodcraft has been carrying them for more than a month already. Bandsaw and dust collector. They look nice!

I noticed a few Laguna crates in the Rockler in St. Louis last weekend--a BS and a DC. I didn't remember them carrying them, but then again I don't usually look to Rockler for power tools and I wouldn't be looking at Laguna if I was.

Blog Entries
    Considering all of the support issues we read about with Laguna Tools.. I would have to consider this a good move. Rockler seems to know a lot more about support and would have the clout to get things accomplished.

Of course, I'm sticking with my Inca bandsaw for now...

Saw a Laguna Band Saw at the local Woodcraft last weekend.

Stopped in before Christmas at my (Madison, WI) Woodcraft and they had a LT14 on the floor as well. It was really nice getting to see/touch one in person.
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

I also noticed them on Amazon.. price the same but with free shipping. Hmmm but still the question is raised Luguna or Grizzly.. the same thing?

Blog Entries
    I had always looked at picking up a Laguna 16HD (before I ended up with Jet's 18")... after seeing the large number of people who had serious issues with Laguna customer service (in a now removed thread), I think Grizzly would be my choice between the two (especially considering Shiraz continually monitors this board in case his CS rep fails to do their job... a rare occasion). YMMV...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    I had always looked at picking up a Laguna 16HD (before I ended up with Jet's 18")... after seeing the large number of people who had serious issues with Laguna customer service (in a now removed thread), I think Grizzly would be my choice between the two (especially considering Shiraz continually monitors this board in case his CS rep fails to do their job... a rare occasion). YMMV...
    Applying your statement to their non-bandsaws and their other Asian machines I couldn't argue with you. One will be hard pressed to beat their Asian (3000 series) bandsaws dollar for dollar and certainly their Italian saws are among the three best makes brought to the US. There isn't a bandsaw in their line I wouldn't seriously consider if it met my needs.

Just for giggles next time anyone is in a Rockler or Woodcraft stocking the LT14 SUV, open the wheel covers and compare the size of the bearing to any 14" saw they have in stock.

This is going to be an interesting journey for Laguna, my thoughts are cut the sales staff and increase the support staff. PLUS they need to make sure the education is getting to the sales staff at these outlets, I have seen them in 3 WCs and 2 Rocklers and nobody I queried about them knew much of anything.