Thread: Square bread pans

Square bread pans

I'd like to find some pans for baking a loaf of bread that would have the same cross sectional area as the typical supermarket store loaf but wouldn't be so long. A square pan would be fine. Anyone know a place to buy such a thing online? Is there a special name for such a pan?

Look for a pullman pan. Usually longish, however, and often with tops to prevent the dough from rising too high in order to achieve the density desired for sandwiches.

Chicago Metallic bakeware comes in many sizes and is sold at Amazon as well as many houseware stores. I've found it to work very well and it's durable.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

Try King Artur. They offer a wide variety of baking products. Also, Williams-Sonoma (very spendy) and, if there are restaurant suppliers in your town/city, try them. We get most of our kitchen supplies that way and we live in a smallish city.

Blog Entries
    Norpro 8" or 12" pans, depending on your preference.

+1 for King Arthur. I recently ordered some of their bread pans. Haven't used them yet, but they are the heaviest I've ever picked up. Not cheap, however (although probably not Williams-Sonoma-expensive either). Plus you can order their SAF Red yeast.

This pan is not cheap, but is very well built. Commercial quality. Looks like the King Arthur pan is the exact same maker, just cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Last edited by Russ Filtz; 01-07-2011 at 2:50 PM.