Thread: "Unread" clearing

"Unread" clearing

With the old software I would read a thread then use the "back" button to return to the forum and all the threads I hadn't read were still marked unread. With the new software reading one unread post then going "back" marks all posts in the forum as read. Can this be switched back to the old functionality?

I have the opposite.

I have to force everything to be read.

Greg,

This functionality did not change in the new software.
    However, you might see this happen if you have a full browser cache, or if you refresh the search page after 45 minutes of inactivity.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Greg,

This functionality did not change in the new software.
    However, you might see this happen if you have a full browser cache, or if you refresh the search page after 45 minutes of inactivity.
    From 2 different computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ketell View Post
    With the old software I would read a thread then use the "back" button to return to the forum and all the threads I hadn't read were still marked unread. With the new software reading one unread post then going "back" marks all posts in the forum as read. Can this be switched back to the old functionality?
    Mine works like the old software when hitting the back button, no problems here.

Bill,

In order to have search results marked "read", you must have 45 minutes of inactivity, or click "mark forum read" under Forum Actions.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator