Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did Santa bring ya

What did Santa bring ya

He showed up here with a hold fast vacume chucking system. Oh my my, as I stood watching the video, and glancing at some of the jigs I have made, I smiled and looked at my knuckles and sang Oh Merry Christmas to me!!!

I got a curved robust tool rest - designed for bowl work. Its larger than anything I've turned to date, but I think it will be a nice addition to the set.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Charlie, you will love the Holdfast system! Ms. Keeton and I do not buy for each other, as our children and 14 grandchildren sort of rule Christmas. Neither do we let the children buy for us, so Santa brought me some special times with the kids and grandkids, some neat sleighrides, and way too much food!!

I bought the wife new living room carpet and she got me a Dyson. We kinda overspent this year.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

I got a new recliner ... mine, albeit comfortable, is probably 15 years old and has lived a good life. It will now be retired to the basement for (future) big screen football viewing only.

I dont usually ask for many tools, as I have a specific need and its hard for them to get the right stuff, but I did get a couple of new 36" clamps and a parts / tool box so I can keep my small turning items ( bushings, bits, MM pads ) all in a organized area.

and .... best of all .... we got SNOW! Sounds weird for some of you, but in my 40ish years, I have never had a "White Christmas", so it was pretty cool for me!

I got the Jimmy Clewes "Turning the World" 3 DVD set and 45 assorted pen kits. I better get busy making pens.
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

My wife doesnt like to buy tools for me because she wants to have some surprise. I always tell her that means I will buy tools through the year. She is OK with that.

Anyway, for Christmas she bought me a digital camera because I always borrow the kids cameras for shop pictures.

Two of my (college) kids had to work at the paper mill on day shift, so we didn't celebrate until the afternoon.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Lee and John, we are the same way, I kept looking at the hold fast and finally figured it would be like when I came into the 20th century and bought a finish nail gun. I got it overnight for less than I coulda drove to Sac.for. Santa brought me a prime rib dinner and a letter from a grand kid in the middle east.

After abusing my 18" Poulan for years, my wife got me a Husqvarna 455 Rancher (20" bar), as Tim the Tool Man Taylor would say "arg arg arg".
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

I received David Ellsworth's book on Woodturning and Bob Flexner's book on Wood Finishing. Both look very good.
    Last edited by Greg Just; 12-27-2010 at 9:30 AM. Reason: typo

My wife got me all set up to start turning pens, the kids got me a couple of sets of allen wrenches that look pretty good, and couple table saw blades. But far and away the best part was watching my youngest grandson walk. He was born with some challenges, had three operations by the age of two and is just fine now. However all the hardships he had did slow him up in alot of his developing so he just started walking a few months ago. So far and away the best Christmas present ever was watching that boy tear up the floor!

The folks send money every year. This year they got me a Trend Airshield Pro.
    The Mrs got me a Sorby Micro Spiral kit, backordered, and a $25 gift card to Woodcraft.
    The boy got me the 9" wire burner set.
    And I think the Rikon 10-305 bandsaw is in the near future. It is 15% off Jan 8th at WC. Would certainly be a major step up from the 10" Crapsman I have.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Blog Entries
    I received a really nice one... Thompson bowl gouge and handle... WOOHOOO

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Charlie, you will love the Holdfast system! Ms. Keeton and I do not buy for each other, as our children and 14 grandchildren sort of rule Christmas. Neither do we let the children buy for us, so Santa brought me some special times with the kids and grandkids, some neat sleighrides, and way too much food!!
    Ditto, although not that many grandchildren

My wife and I also don't buy for each other because the grandkids are our Christmas. So our gift is spending time with them which is as precious as it gets. Oh and the other gift was the great food which I ate way, way to much of. Oh well a few more minutes of exercise will take care of that.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.