Thread: I've been greatly honored!

Blog Entries

Talking I've been greatly honored!

Today I received in the mail my pre-approved membership in the Handyman Club of America along with a complimentary glue spreader and spaghetti sizer. I wanted to let all of you know of my good fortune so you can be watching your mail box for your membership kit.

I was getting really concerned because my old glue spreader was getting pretty worn. Now I can toss it and start using my new one.

They even gave me some address labels with their logo on them so I won't forget where I live.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-10-2003 at 6:02 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I'm like, soooooo jealous. I've always wanted my very own spaghetti sizer. I never know what size to use.
    Jim Stastny ~ Damascus, Maryland
    A poor workman blames his tools

A totally unprovoked Gloat! Shame on you Jim!
    Hey, if you ain't gonna use that Spaghetti Sizer, I have first dibs!
    Save the stickers for Christmas Cards!

Okay THAT's enough...that was a huge gloat and without a gloat quote it's a penalty! One minute in the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I think I've been getting rooked. Don't ever recall getting one of the spaghetti sizers.
    Jim

I'm envious guys.

Originally posted by Jim Young
    I think I've been getting rooked. Don't ever recall getting one of the spaghetti sizers.
    Last thing I won was a jacket 20 years ago. And it's WORE OUT!!!

Question Honored

Lee,

The last two years they sent me a drill bit size guage along with my specially selected pre approved membership card (at least I think it was them). Do you want to trade?
    JB

Mis-read the post

Lee -

I initially mis-read your post. I somehow inserted a "three" in the text. I thought you were lucky enough to get three glue spreaders. I have to keep track of mine so I don't keep misplacing it.

Have you ever noticed that you have moved from "Charter" member to "New" member.

Maybe my new membership will be in the box today !

Ted

Blog Entries

Re: Mis-read the post

Originally posted by Ted Shrader
    Lee -

Have you ever noticed that you have moved from "Charter" member to "New" member.
    I was charter member when the club originally started. After my initial subscrition ran out, I didn't renew. I never got a single tool to evaluate. I still received my new charter member packages for several years. I sure miss those sanding pads. Mine are all worn out.

Now all I get are regular member packages. I guess they have all the charter members they need now.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Red face Handyman Club

Ahhh!
    So you finally got yours!
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA