Thread: Grizzly Green Monster Group

Grizzly Green Monster Group

I created a new group and you are free to register as a member........

It is the "Grizzly Green Monster Group" - owners of the G0698, G0632, G0694, and all other Grizzly models are encouraged to join.

Go to the groups icon, and you will see it! There are a number of Grizzly spinners, but we seem to get no respect! [ha-ha-ha]
    Last edited by John Keeton; 12-23-2010 at 6:51 PM. Reason: change
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I created a new group and you are free to register as a member........

It is the "Grizzly Green Monster Group" - owners of the G0698, G0632, G0694, which are the larger Grizzly lathes are encouraged to join.

Go to the groups icon, and you will see it!
    Does this one qualify. http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-x...od-Lathe/G0658 It has sooommme green on it and I consider it a midi monster. It sits right beside my Jet 1642.

Edit: On a reread I noticed the "which are the larger Grizzly lathes" phrase so forget the question.
    Last edited by James Combs; 12-23-2010 at 3:34 PM.

"The best things in life are not things."

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    Does this one qualify. http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-x...od-Lathe/G0658 It has sooommme green on it and I consider it a midi monster. It sits right beside my Jet 1642.

Edit: On a reread I noticed the "which are the larger Grizzly lathes" phrase so forget the question.
    Hey JD,

If it has green and has Grizzly somewhere on it .............it qualifies! Welcome, we are glad to have you in the fellowship! We can change it to all the models, because you do have a "mini monster" there!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Hey JD,

If it has green and has Grizzly somewhere on it .............it qualifies! Welcome, we are glad to have you in the fellowship! We can change it to all the models, because you do have a "mini monster" there!

Great, just joined a few minutes ago. Looking at how photos might be posted there.

"The best things in life are not things."

Thanks to John K. for posting the picture of the Grizzly lathe!

So, PM green is out...?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Roger or James,
    I looked all over the place and still can't figure out how to upload a photo to the group. Would one of you please share the process since both of you have already posted pictures there. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Stratton View Post
    Roger or James,
    I looked all over the place and still can't figure out how to upload a photo to the group. Would one of you please share the process since both of you have already posted pictures there. Thanks
    Hi David,

Welcome! The icon is found on the main page "community" click on that,and "groups" will be next. Look in the upper right hand corner and you will see the "add pictures" icon. click that, and have a picture from your photos uploaded. that is pretty much what I remember..........let me know if you have any additional questions. Hope you will join the "Grizzly Green Monster Group" because you have one of them!

Talking Visitor pass granted

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    So, PM green is out...?
    Mike,

your PM90 green machine is an old work horse! We will give you a visitor pass for sure, but I am not sure if the Mustard Monster contingent will be so hospitable but since they are creekers, they most likely will. You are welcome to visit at any time!

Just to let GGMG members know, there are 2 active discussions on the group page for you. I figured that members of the group do not check it often, as it was just started, but there are discussions for the group active now, and you are encouraged to participate. Some questions related to your lathe, etc.

Evidently, when you click on one of the members icons, it takes you to their page and there questions/discussions with the group. Fred Belknap has a good question for you, and I have replied with some information that might be helpful to you as well. The last question/discussion topic is on the group page, FYI.
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 12-25-2010 at 1:26 PM. Reason: additional

I am looking to upgrade from the grizzly T25926 small lathe to a full size model, your thoughts are very much needed. Looking at G0462, G0733 AND G0766 but really leading toward the G0766 3HP model but reading stories about issues in the past and don't know if they have been worked out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Inmon View Post
    I am looking to upgrade from the grizzly T25926 small lathe to a full size model, your thoughts are very much needed. Looking at G0462, G0733 AND G0766 but really leading toward the G0766 3HP model but reading stories about issues in the past and don't know if they have been worked out or not.
    Well this is ressurrecting an old thread! That is fine.
    I have the G0766, and it is a fine performer. Many owners who speak well, and a small handful that have had an issue or two, but Grizzly seems to work at mitigating any issue they can. For the hundreds of G0766 units out there, from what has been posted on the forums, It seems like only about 5 -7 units have reported any problems, and that is likely no greater percentage than most other brands. For those with issues, Grizzly has worked to make them right ...perhaps one or two not totally satisfied.

I know I would purchase again without hesitation if I were looking for a lathe in that price range.....the best bang for the buck on the market. My G0766 is performing well after two years with heavy usage, and zero problems.
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 01-19-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks, I will tell Grizzly to send the sales commission check your way. Now to try to find out when they will be back in stock again is the next step.