Thread: A Gift for My Sister-Cherry Fretwork Box-SMC resources utilized

A Gift for My Sister-Cherry Fretwork Box-SMC resources utilized

Here is fret box I made for my sister's Christmas gift. It is made from some beautiful cherry that I bought from George Perzel (member), the box was created with Lee DeRaud's Finger Box Visual Basic macro, the pattern is actually a scroll saw pattern that I modified from Steve Good the scroll saw guy. (I get one of his patterns every day, great resource although I don't think he is a member here.) The contents of the box is homemade Biscotti with white chocolate icing made by my wife! I hope my sister likes it, if not she can return it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 12-23-2010 at 2:56 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

That looks great
    Rabbit 1290/80, TurnKey 60/40, Croelx4, PhotoGrav 3.0, Probotix Meteor CNC Router

Great Work!

I some how think she isn't going to return this!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Really nice. Looks really good.
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Looks very nice Larry!

Nice meeting of old fashioned design and high tech execution. The contents sound pretty nice too.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

How could she NOT like it? A beautiful box and food to boot - made by family members just for her? That's what I call a bonus gift!

Happy holidays, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    How could she NOT like it? A beautiful box and food to boot - made by family members just for her? That's what I call a bonus gift!

Happy holidays, dee
    She has received it and is very happy with it. Said it was going on the coffee table where everyone could see it! The Biscotti went over well also. Everyone is happy, me especially because she is a hard person to buy for.
    Merry Christmas!
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Good for you, Larry! Now it's going to be a challenge to surpass yourself next year... hahaha it's a vicious cycle. As a person who has always made cards and presents for people, I know. Once I even got a phone call from my brother asking if I was mad at him because I BOUGHT him a birthday card. sheesh. And I even altered the card, it just seemed like a perfect background for his card...
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong