Thread: Christmas bench grinder good cheer!

Christmas bench grinder good cheer!

Just in time for the holidays, my first gloat...

My no-brand 8" grinder kicked the bucket a little while back, and rather than buy another cheapo unit, I've been trolling craigslist, etc. for an old Baldor or the like. Today I walked into my favorite hardware store and on the shelf sat a new-in-box, US made Milwaukee grinder. It wasn't dead cheap, but I was happy to shell out $175 for an unused, US made, quality tool! Nothing like Milwaukee red to bring out the holiday spirit. Good thing my wife is still trying to find me a present.

The evidence:

milwaukee grinder 1.jpgmilwaukee grinder 2.jpg

I have no idea what a grinder like that cost but has to be a good sore on that unit.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Well, since Milwaukee hasn't made these for a number of years, it's a little hard to judge. Probably the closest comparable would be a Baldor 600 series. Shipped, it would be around $300.

Worth every penny,it will be the last one you will buy.A person who uses these alot can tell the difference between the quality of a Milwaukee vs some other brand.Good decision and good find----Carroll