Thread: #2 Hollow form on pedestal with finish applied

#2 Hollow form on pedestal with finish applied

Thought that I would post a pic. of the finished form now that I have it buffed and
    assembled. In the end I figuired that I would keep it as is and not do any changes .. this way I could keep it as a study piece and a reminder of what to do different the next time around.
    I've also included a pic together with the previous form #1 and a pencil to give a perspective of scale.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

John, I think keeping it as is makes sense. This is a very nice piece, and it will always give you a reference point for the future. Both pieces are well one, though I like the more recent one best. Very good detail work, and the finish buffed out very well! Now, we need to work on setting up a photo booth!! It would do wonders for showing off the nice work you do.

Exclamation

These are fantastic turnings Very nice, crisp detailing on the finials & pedestals and great forms.

Really nice. I like the smaller of the two best. The large one is awesome but to my eye it looks too big for the pedestal. But the other one is delicious! Everything on that one looks just right.
    David DeCristoforo

Those are both nice. You did a good job on number one and two. Finish came out well.

Both are nice John but number 2 seems to have the better proportions when placed side by side.

Nicely done, John. I like them both.

I like them both. Really well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I like both as well. Something about the finial on the more recent one is just really cool. It seems to flow in the opposite direction of most and just really looks good. The perspective with the pencil is surprising, I would have though they were both larger.

Great work. The first one is my favorite too, as with David D., but both show excellent craftsmanship.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand