Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you work wood in your jammies?

Quote Originally Posted by David Prince View Post
    What is wrong with waking up, taking a shower, and getting dressed before you start?
    Sometimes you need the shower afterwards before you head off to work.

same here...except for the awake part

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Crawford View Post
    I've gotten up early on many occasions to put a coat of finish on something to have the correct dry time so I can do it again when I get home or something like that. But other than that, I save my woodwork for when I'm actually awake enough to enjoy it!

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.
    Sounds like you guys are trying to find a new way to test the Saw Stop.

Don't know what jammies are. Don't have a robe. I sleep the way I was born and don't often go outside that way in the winter; well maybe to get in the hot tub, but certainly not in the shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bilello View Post
    LOL. And don't even want to think about splinters.

Does a snuggie count?
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

This is EXACTLY why I never cared for welding. In 9th grade shop I had slag burn through the tongue of my Keds and burn the top of my foot, putting it out of commission for a couple of days!! Yikes. Also, commando here too, but I could if I wanted, but not this time of year.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Bartlett View Post
    No, but I did make the mistake of soldering while wearing shorts and socks. I dropped a blob of solder on my sock, which immediately wicked in and scorched all the hair off my toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bilello View Post
    Real men don't use hot dogs to test their SS.

I have worked in my boxers a LOT, especially when I am building up finish and have to keep going back over and over through the evening and into the night.

Blog Entries
    I always work early in the morning on the weekends but, I am dressed for shop time. I'm the guy looking for something quiet to do till I hear the first lawn mower or 7am, whichever comes first; then its game on. I did do some fret work this evening in my slippers. Does that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I have worked in my boxers a LOT,...
    No pictures, no boxers, sorry. You know the rules.

Robe .. yep.. Usually finishing as Van said.

Oh.. and yeah.. in the AM .. before work..

Blog Entries
    I am 29 and I stopped wearing PJs or jammies when I was 7. I often think about the generation that won WWII and compare them my generation or current 15-25 year old generation. No doubt my generation and the current generation is much much softer, fatter, lazier, etc and we definitely need to take a few notes from the greatest generation. But one thing I am sure of is that none of the guys storming the beaches of Iwo Jima, Normandy, Italy, Africa, flying over those battlefields, or acting in supporting roles wore PJs or Jammies.
    So no, I do not do anything in PJs or Jammies.

I get up early in the morning, straighten out my pink bunny jammies, and head down to the shop. When I'm in the shop, it's always safety first. I always tie back the ears of my bunny suit. The bottom of the feet have rubber padding for a non slip grip. I've sewn in a filter and fan in the little puffy tail....that keeps clean, fresh air in the suit at all time so I don't inhale dust. There's a facemask built into the bunny suit head for turning.

On particularly cold mornings, I fill up my sippy cup with a little hot cocoa and I'm good to go. My clients thought it was a little strange at first, but now they're used to it. "Hey, what's up Doc? Har har ha ha!". Bunch of kidders those guys are.

Costco lounge pants FTW