Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I change the type size/color

Can I change the type size/color

Can I change the type size and color in the new Sawmill? It's much harder to read than it was previously. I don't like the colored type and it seems smaller.
    Thanks

I agree its much harder to read and the attachments show up as paperclips rather than thumbnails
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Goodman View Post
    Can I change the type size and color in the new Sawmill? It's much harder to read than it was previously. I don't like the colored type and it seems smaller.
    Thanks
    +1

The theme may be fine for those in their 20's and 30'2 but when you get to where I am it is very eye straining.

There is a reason most print is black on white.

I found the font smaller as well. But if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel on it...simply hold the control key while you spin the mouse wheel to adjust the size of the type on your screen.

Hope this helps.

Also, a note on font size--if you increase the font size in Microsoft Internet Explorer, it also makes the page spread off the right side so you have to slide the view back and forth... a HUGE PAIN!!

However, if you use Firefox, you can just press CTRL + or CTRL - to change font size, and it DOESN'T make the page itself grow to the right. Thus, it's vastly better. This one ability and how it lets me read SMC is why I switched to Firefox finally.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Dave,

With Windows 7 and IE 8 it seems to work as you describe without pushing everything off the right side.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Even after increasing the size, the print seems faded, like it is a "Copy" of an original that was typed using a worn out carbon paper for the copy, ie; some letters are dark like they should be while others or parts of them are really light.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

+1 for better contrast or the old style theme. The new style is rather hard to read for long periods of time; I don't know of a way to change the color scheme unfortunately.
    Last edited by Anil Kalagatla; 12-12-2010 at 2:59 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

I have a Mac so the Windows fixes will not help me. I agree the type is no longer black and is not clear. I was hoping to find out a way to reset it back. I fervently hope that Sawmill Creek is not going the way of Knots which basically didn't survive it "new improved" format and has for all intents expired.

Please.....Please....Please

One more Creeker who needs more contrast. Very difficult to read

11. Another vote for more contrast and I am in my twenties so age has nothing to do with it.

Terrible new format. Not all sw upgrades makes it better and this one is definitely not one of the better ones. Too much screen info lost due to fancy graphics and 'new lines' that are empty. Yeah, the contrast is not great either.

why didn't they leve it along ?? it was fine the way it was ??

why didn't they leve it along ?? it was fine the way it was ?? I guess i don't have to come back. too bad good site now to hard to navagate ? to many click's to read. bye
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 12-12-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by del schisler View Post
    why didn't they leve it along ?? it was fine the way it was ?? I guess i don't have to come back. too bad good site now to hard to navagate ? to many click's to read. bye
    Or you could be patient and let them sort it all out. It's been 12 hours, give them a chance to sort through it all. Do you really think it's in their best interest to make a forum that's hard to read and people don't like?

Geez, have some patience.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 12-12-2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Yes, please, more contrast! I feel like all the colors are bland pastels, and the text is too small (specifically, user names are really small, now). Also, the "regular text" doesn't apear to be BLACK, but rather, dark grey, which is hard to read.