Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: question

question

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!
    I have a question about rastering that I have been racking my brain (what's left of it anyway) over.
    When I raster my ornaments, is there a setting in Corel or through my Epilog that will allow me to raster each individual ornament rather than having my laser go back and forth all the way across - doing the 3 all at once?
    I have attached a made up file to kind of show what I mean.
    It seems like when I laser just one, it is a lot faster than when it does the 3 at a time.
    Thank you to all who have helped people like myself with our problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pat Shirkey; 12-04-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt

you can put them on different layers, and turn off the layers you don't want to print, or you can just put a white box over them to blank them out
    -
    Zing 24 - 40 watts
    Corel X3/X5/X6
    Autocad 2016

Color mapping, you can use same settings but different colors. Areas will be done individually by color.

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Quote Originally Posted by David Fairfield View Post
    Color mapping, you can use same settings but different colors. Areas will be done individually by color.

Dave
    Be sure they are RGB though.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Thanks for your quick responses- just love this group
    I guess what I am trying to do is to laser the first one then go to the next one without me having to send it each time. My project is actually done on chrome with Cermark with 6 across and 3 down running at 2speed and 100 power. When I run the job it takes about 50 minutes to do the 18. If I run one piece it only takes 1.3 minutes per piece so theoretically it would only take about 25 minutes to finish rather then 50. Just trying to see if I can do then faster.
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt

Laserpro has an option called "Use cluster" that does what you want.
    Doesnt epilog have something similar?

Listen to David, it's color mapping.

You'd make each "row" a different color. Then it will raster one color, then the next, then the next. So it'll do 3 individual rows instead of doing them all at once.

Epilog used to have the instructions on their site. Just research color mapping in your manual or on their site and you'll be good to go.

It's easy to do.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thank you all. That is exactly what I was looking for.
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt

Color mapping & Vector cutting

How does the Epilog driver prioritize vector cutting when using the color mapping feature? In this thread we're talking about a grid of objects (say a 4x4 grid) on a single sheet. Using color mapping, could you set up to only raster 1 column and then could it go back and vector them, or would the driver automatically progress to the next color in the mapping sequence, working it's way through your raster configuration and then finally vector cutting out all the shapes as it normally does?
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

You can move the color rows up and down in the color mapping which decides the order of the rasters and vectors. There is an up and down arrow at the bottom middle of the color mapping dialog box. At least in X3 that's where it is.
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

I followed the instructions in the manual. I set up my corel file using the default RGB palette: red for the first column, then green, then blue. Then I sent it to print - opening up the color mapping in the Epilog properties and making sure that the colors were the same and the settings for each color were right. Sent it to the laser and IT STILL GOES ALL THE WAY ACROSS - is there something else I need to look at. Thanks to all for the help
    LaserLectric Engraving
    Indian River, MI

Epilog Helix 60 watt

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Clumpner View Post
    How does the Epilog driver prioritize vector cutting when using the color mapping feature? In this thread we're talking about a grid of objects (say a 4x4 grid) on a single sheet. Using color mapping, could you set up to only raster 1 column and then could it go back and vector them, or would the driver automatically progress to the next color in the mapping sequence, working it's way through your raster configuration and then finally vector cutting out all the shapes as it normally does?
    Bruce, I may be wrong, but I think she may just be outlining a "place setting spot.
    to hold the piece" That way she can set each piece in the proper space to be rastered.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Shirkey View Post
    I followed the instructions in the manual. I set up my corel file using the default RGB palette: red for the first column, then green, then blue. Then I sent it to print - opening up the color mapping in the Epilog properties and making sure that the colors were the same and the settings for each color were right. Sent it to the laser and IT STILL GOES ALL THE WAY ACROSS - is there something else I need to look at. Thanks to all for the help
    You can set each row up on a seperate page, but you still have to push start on the laser for each row. I'm not aware of a "page" function that
    auto starts the next page. But if you're changing text for each row it still save the manual sending.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Pat, don't spend any more time on this than you have to, call Epilog and they will talk you through it. It's free and you'll be done in minutes. No need to make this hard on yourself!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Pat

Sounds like your document colors don't match the colors set in the driver. Sometimes the graphics software will automatically make small changes to the numeric values in the colors (this is due to RGB vs CMYK compatibility).

In Adobe, you must make sure your document color mode is set for RGB. Otherwise when you try to print or save, it will interpolate back to CMYK compatible colors, which are similar enough for printing to paper, but the laser driver won't recognize them. Corel may be similar. This happens to me and always causes a problem as you described.

To double check, after you save the document, go and check the color values by clicking on a color field. For simplicity I use red blue and green, set value for each at 255 and zero out the other two colors. You know immediately if its off.

Anyway, I know the clustering by color mapping does work, because I use this a lot to save engraving time.

HTH
    Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC