Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curt Fuller - you are first class!

I'd say what goes around comes around. Good on both of you for sharing... I think Keeton may owe you at least another can of the oil.

For sure Curt is top notch. Really a great looking piece of wood John. I can see a half dozen things it could be.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    I had purchased a couple of cans of Minwax AO, and while I know it is a favorite of many, I just didn't care for it. So, I got Curt's address and shipped them to him. He commented he had been holding a piece of wood for me, and wanted my address.

This came today!! Box Elder burl, and it is unbelievable!! Full of eyes and rays! Ms. Keeton and I have been discussing the fit and proper use of this, and I think I have come upon a plan of action. Hope to start into this piece shortly. It is bone dry, too!!

Thanks, Curt. I know you said it wasn't a trade - and good thing! Had it been, you got the raw end of that deal!
    I seems to me that you soon will have to build an extension onto your wood-stash depot, you'll never get through all this purdy wood all by yourself turning those itty-bitty HF of yours
    Have fun and take care

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hackler View Post
    ...you have really been a good boy this year.
    Mmmmm....probably not, but so long as Santa doesn't find out!

Quote Originally Posted by steven carter View Post
    By the way, while in Woodcraft the other day my wife comes up to me with a magazine, and says "isn't this they guy you know that you were telling me about?", she remembered your picture from my showing her one of your posts here. She was very impressed with the article as was I.

Steve
    Thanks, Steve! I do look forward to meeting you all at some point. Sorry it didn't work out last trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    I seems to me that you soon will have to build an extension onto your wood-stash depot, you'll never get through all this purdy wood all by yourself turning those itty-bitty HF of yours
    Leo, that is why it is so nice to have a barn!! But, I sure would have a lot more room if I got rid of all the flat stock I have stored for furniture projects that aren't likely to get done!