Thread: Anti-fatigue, good grip technique

Blog Entries

Anti-fatigue, good grip technique

"Rubber ball on chisel Makes it easier to grasp." Is the title of an article in Popular Mechanics, issued in 1941.

"Slip over the shank of a turning chisel, a sponge rubber ball will provide a good hand grip, especially when the chisel is used in long length's of time. The ball fits into the palm of the hand as the tool is grasped in the regular manner, and tends to relieve muscle strain."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have a Nice Day!

The old ideas are always great, I used to read that magazine all the time, Wish I still did. Now, think about this. If it slips you can sing "Like a rubber ball, I;ll come bouncing back to you. Darn, I wish they'd allow audio attachments on the site it would give us so much more depth. Thanks for sharing Jon.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

nice tip, i am curious who wrote the articule, doubtful he will be at 25 year anniversity symposium, but someone there might have known him

I love looking at the old Popular Mechanics on line. Lot's of great "lost" pointers. Thanks.

Frankly, that looks dangerous and incredibly inconvenient (always in the way). You shouldn't have a death grip on the tool with the left hand anyway (or the right for that matter), so I really don't see why there whould be a problem with left hand fatigue or strain.

Blog Entries
    Just so you all know. I just saw this and found it interesting and thought I'd share. I've not tried this technique and not sure I will.
    Have a Nice Day!

Look very ergonomic to me. My wrists and forearms feel better just looking at it, to be honest.