Thread: Bath vanity finally finished

Bath vanity finally finished

I finally finished the bathroom vanity and matching medicine cabinets. It was a long journey!

All wood is walnut with one coat of oil then 3 coats of poly.

We wanted a medicine cabinet that wouldn't interfere with the lights over the vanity and this is what I came up with. The mirrors were taken from the last cabinet. I was actually able to get them stored for most of a year and reinstalled with out breaking them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Very nice

I really like the corner cabinets, I'm on here today looking for vanity & med cabinet ideas

Very nice job on those, Jim. I think I'm most impressed with storing the mirror for a year without breakage.

Hey, wait a minute. Where's the coffee cup?
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Nice looking project. What causes that cool grid reflection in the mirrors and on the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Allen View Post
    Nice looking project. What causes that cool grid reflection in the mirrors and on the wall?
    Jay, those would be from the reflection of the window in the mirror.

Gary it was in between pots when I took this pictures Plus I'm not allowed to have coffee past the kitchen, been known to slop a little on the floor and blame it on the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pingree View Post
    I really like the corner cabinets, I'm on here today looking for vanity & med cabinet ideas
    Bill, I spent a long time designing and tweeking the style. The vanity measures 37" from the floor to the top. That may seem tall but I don't like to bend at the waist to brush my tooth.

I actually did a complete mock-up on a sheet of 1/4" ply for the vanity. I did the medicine cabinets Norm Style as I build almost a complete cabinet in popular just to check my cuts and measurements. A little more expensive to do it twice but cheaper than messing up $4.50 a board foot walnut.

Overall it was a challenge and the wife seem happy with the outcome. That's all that counts!