Thread: Weekend project

Weekend project

I mentioned this and posted a photo of this piece on another thread. It's a frame for a sign. The original was beyond repairing so I made a new one for the client. I used Cedar. Not a fun wood to play with but it worked OK.
    Not carving but just a fun filler piece. Everything was mortise and tenon or turned dowels to assemble. It will get painted. As a note, the spindles on the original were a replacement that were common stair spindles but I copied the true originals that he had on hand.
    The first photo shows the original piece and the others are just some construction shots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Woodworking Studio

not much left to the imagination in regards to reverse engineering eh?
    If you ain't Cheatin', You ain't tryin'...

"If A equals success, then the formula is, A = X + Y + Z, Where X is work, Y is play, And Z is keep your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein.

No Andrew there isn't. I didn't have to reinvent the mouse trap. Just do what was done.
    The Woodworking Studio

It may not be an original piece but it's a good looking frame, well worth redoing. It never hurts to go back to basics or practice the lesser used skills. Nicely done.

Work is work, wood is wood, and fun is ,, well,,, just plain fun! I don't really care what it is, I just love this stuff. Give me a little do- dad, or a killer project, I'm game.
    The Woodworking Studio