Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow
Richard, I see that this is your first posting to Saw Mill Creek. Welcome from a fellow Ontario resident! Thats almost an antique saw that you have. How do you like it?
Hi Frank,

I love it ! I bought it from a gentleman in New Brunswick.It had the original 3hp 3 phase motor when i bought it.I replaced the motor with a new 3hp Leeson single phase.Saw is Canadian made.Built in Guelph,Ontario.
It has a Biesmeyer 48" fence.Bearings are good.I added an Exactor sliding table.I like the set up.I figured the cost of this setup was close to the price of a new General 350.That includes the sliding table.
The unfortunate thing is I haven't used it in a while.I moved into a new house and my workshop went from a dedicated tools only 16'x30' to a 23'x25' 2 car garage.This garage stores a barn full of wood,many sheets of plywood,lawnmowers,kids toys,and my woodworking tools.I have about 10' x 15' to work in.The footprint of the saw with the sliding table is 9'x20'.You need 20' min. to cut sheets of plywood.
So this brought up a problem with building kitchen cabinets.I started in the old shop but still lots to do.The solution was to buy more tools.The Festool ATF 55 took care of the plywood,and a Mini Max 16(on its way) should take care of ripping the not so wide hardwood.

Happy Holidays

Rich