Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach3 Question

How do thay work? Is it a knife? How does it know which direction to turn the knife?

CV settings

I had mine at 20 (I believe this to be the default) for awhile, however, the author of the document "CV Settings" (link posted earlier), uses the analogy, of "having Lookahead set at 20 is like driving a car while being very nearsighted" and having a setting at 200 is 20/20 vision".

As in motor tuning, you could perform calculations to set velocity and acceleration, but again to paraphrase the author of Mach 3, "the easiest method is to tune your motors to how they sound and perform, not very scientific but it works"

Each of our machines is different and for the most part the tunning of each machine will be what works best for you.

Sorry Greg, I didn't mean to be redundant, I'm still asleep (had to get up for the dog).
    Last edited by Dave Spitzer; 11-20-2010 at 1:31 AM.
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

@Dave. What does the look ahead do? What diferences should I look for from going from 20 to 200?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Simpson Virgina View Post
    How do thay work? Is it a knife? How does it know which direction to turn the knife?
    The blade, which is tiny, can turn freely in a couple of bearings.

The tip is offset by 0.25mm and that tiny lag makes it turn to follow the direction of travel.

Holder is simply a spare part for Roland Vinyl cutters. Amazing how well it works with a simple mount (like your pen mount) on a CNC router.

Greg

Michael,

I'm not sure you will see any difference in performance, maybe if running a complex 3d carving you might. All I know is that it allows the software to better anticipate changes.

I feel a person would have to do some testing to determine if there is a performance improvement.
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.