Thread: A short story with some pictures...

A short story with some pictures...

Last year I was able to meet the Governor of Georgia, Sonny Purdue. I gave him a pen and a turkey striker. He is a avid turkey hunter. Yesterday I was told by a friend that the Gov. was on Realtree Outdoors on ESPN. He recorded the show and I was happy to see the Gov. in his office using his striker. There was no closeup but I was able to recognize it. I have no idea of how to capture the photo off the TV, but here are a couple of pictures that show the striker and one of the pen I made for him. I went on December 1, 2009. Thanks for looking. Russell

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

R&G.jpg
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 11-22-2010 at 9:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Eaton View Post
    Last year I was able to meet the Governor of Georgia, Sonny Purdue. I gave him a pen and a turkey striker. He is a avid turkey hunter. Yesterday I was told by a friend that the Gov. was on Realtree Outdoors on ESPN. He recorded the show and I was happy to see the Gov. in his office using his striker. There was no closeup but I was able to recognize it. I have no idea of how to capture the photo off the TV, but here are a couple of pictures that show the striker and one of the pen I made for him. I tried to show the picture of myself and the Governor, I can't get it to upload. I guess the file size is too big. There are several of them on the Governor website. I went on December 1, 2009. Thanks for looking. Russell
    Russell, Great story and a beautiful set of "Tools" Did you do the laser work yourself or have it done for you? I want to get a laser so bad, but I think my bride would make me sleep with it in the shop! I am going to steal your stand idea by the way! I some great uses for it and I have a ton of small chunks of antler that I will have a use for now!

Great story,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Jeff, feel free to "steal" the stand idea. I just used CA glue to seat the antler. It also works well with one fork, you just need to drill a small hole at a angle to stop the pen from sliding. I want a laser as well. This work was done by a friend, he lives close and does a great job. Thanks, Russell

Very cool story and great looking pieces!

Great story and beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Cool story and really nice pieces. Thanks for sharing.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's a cool story and a couple of nice looking turnings.