Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JDS ceramic mugs - wow!

Josh, the people at JDS are very nice. I haven't purchased from them yet, but they were very helpful in my questions. If you go to this link you can request a catalog. http://php.jdsindustries.com/CatREQ/getINFO.php

Thanks for the info Dee. I've looking into buying some of the square ones, but hadn't taken the plunge yet. I would think $10-$12 would be more reasonable than $24.
    I would have never thought to engrave on the bottom...great idea!

And I love the idea of getting JDS to make tiles like this!!! I've been painting and lasering my own and it's a pain...pre-painted ones would be awesome! I wonder who we call to get them on the ball?
    I'm just a newbie looking to learn all I can
    Epilog Mini 18-30 Watt Laser

Dee,

What is the part number of the mug you ordered?

thanks

Dave
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

I have attempted engraving mugs earlier and found that the glaze was uneven and that the engraving had to be so deep as to make the mug unsaleable. I think I would stick with JDS as they probably have found the supplier with the secret glazing formula and they are a great supplier.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Edi Royer View Post
    Thanks for the info Dee. I've looking into buying some of the square ones, but hadn't taken the plunge yet. I would think $10-$12 would be more reasonable than $24.

And I love the idea of getting JDS to make tiles like this!!! I've been painting and lasering my own and it's a pain...pre-painted ones would be awesome! I wonder who we call to get them on the ball?
    Edi,

I emailed JDS about that too and he emailed me back that they were considering it... we shall see! They did add coasters, so that was another suggestion I mentioned. Send them a message and maybe if enough people show interest, it will help!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I can attest to that, JDS is always willing to listen to what we have to say and will work
    with us if they deem it would be a positive addition to their line. If you notice in their
    new catalog there is now a logo by their products that are made in the USA, that was
    a suggestion that was brought up last year that they have moved on. Same with these
    coasters, now to get them to sell them individually.

I think we can get them to offer the tile coasters seperately if we can be convincing.

I have a good contact there for these types of things PM for their info.

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Josh,

Their new catalog is out already - at ARA Show in February. Lots of new stuff. If you are not considered a dealer by them and get into the dealer website; then yes their catalog on the website is disappointing and they know it. It's harder to keep up with all the new stuff. Even the dealer site has issues when looking items up with a "new" catalog number. Sometimes they are not in the system under that number. Give their Customer Service a call - they are EXCELLENT and will help you with anything you need.

IMHO!!!!!
    Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

Edi,

Have you tried Cermark for Tile / Glass? They make a few colors for doing those kinds of items; so if you're doing white or light colored tiles - then the Cermark should work. I've got some; but haven't used it yet - no requirement other than creating some samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Edi Royer View Post

Terry L. Swift
    Universal M-300 / (upgraded) to 50 Watt
    CorelDraw X4 & X6 / Photograv / Photoshop CS, etc.
    Ricoh SG3110DN Dye Sub 8.5" x 14" Printer / Stahl Maxx 16" x 20" Heat Press

FYI, since I almost never get to do a job non stop start to finish, I use tailors chalk to mark direction or center point, it doesn't need to be scrubbed off & doesn't interfere with the laser beam.
    Linda Tetreault
    Laser Impressions
    Epilog Mini 45 watt
    Corel X5

I'll be sure to send JDS an email or give them a call. I did see the coasters in the new catalog and larger tiles like this would be awesome! I'm glad to know that they listen to their customers and take ideas seriously...great customer service!

I haven't tried Cermark yet, it's a little pricey, isn't it? I'm buying 12x12 tiles for around $1 and a can of poly + spray paint is pretty cheap
    I'm just a newbie looking to learn all I can
    Epilog Mini 18-30 Watt Laser