Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friend wants a V-carving of USC logo

jim check the edited version of the dxf i just sent

jim

Sorry I didn't get to that file til this morning Jim- but I'll definitely check it out. I wound up using my own vectors for this. It took me approximately 8 hours to prep it for output. I'm fairly pleased with the outcome. The vectors are clean and sharp.

I'm running the second program in 3/4 MDF right now, to test the letter depth.. I'll put pix up in a few......

When the "client" approves, we'll mill it in Cherry.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

As promised..
    There's a picture of the vectors after cleanup. Thanks to Eric who provided the tip to reduce the colors, and the impetus to explore the vector producing part of the program, I was able to use the vectors already created by the program. It still took a while to get them prepped even so...

And here are two test cuts in MDF. Perhaps not as deep as it should be, but I'm tired of messing with this... Maybe later I'll widen the distance between vectors to get them a bit deeper, and do something about the too deep cuts in behind the leg and below the neck...

Anyway, thanks for the help and the moral support. I'll post pix of the final outcome too...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

In Cherry

And... in cherry:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain