Thread: Veterans day Salute

Veterans day Salute

To all the vets on SMC, I never cared much for the band "Kiss", but this salute to our forces in Iraq is well worth watching. Enjoy Vets and Thank You for all you have done, and do for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5MtdIO23MKM
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Always makes me feel good when I see the troops being entertained! Gene did a great job of getting the troops involved and it sure looks like they all had fun!

Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Harry. Makes me feel a little different about Gene Simmons. God bless our troops around the world.

US Navy 1971 - 1979

right on Gene. Same here, I didn't like kiss but this is a great tribute to all services.I will do as I always do and toss back a shot of Jack in honor of the friends I lost and all who have served. This year I will do a double with sent prayers for a grandson in the 3/5 in Sangin.That group is getting hit hard right now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Harry...... Nice tribute.

US Army
    319th. Army Security Agency
    May 1968 - May 1970
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Thank You for all you have done, and do for us.
    I'll second that!
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Thank you!

Besides what I heard on the radio this morning (Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American", gets me teary eyed everytime I hear it!) on the way to work, SMC is the first place I heard or saw something like this.

Gene Simmons is a great support of our troops, and there are many others that do amazing things for our troops.

I miss being in the Navy!

US Navy
    EM2/SS Nuclear
    1993-1999

To all that have served:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm neither a Gene Simmons or a Kiss fan but I'll give him his due respect!

USN '68-'76
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks for sharing this Harry, and thanks to all you Vets.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

It is amazing what a little professional entertainment can do for the morale of troops. If nothing else, it give troops solice in knowing other people care enough to spend time with them. Back in 1991 during the Gulf war I had the pleasure of seeing Bob Hope in the USO show. My Grandfather saw him in the 40's in England and my Father saw him in the 60's in Vietnam.

I would ask all of you to remember today that we have both men and women in harms way in Iraq and more particularly Afghanistan. Please think of my favorite people, the Marines, and particularly of my young friend GySgt Terrance "D" D'Allesandro and the men of Lima 3/5 who are in Helmund Province and who already lost several friends last week.

As a Vietnam Marine I echo the pledge that, "Never again will one generation of Veterans abandon another." As long as we remember them and honor their memory they will live forever.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    I would ask all of you to remember today that we have both men and women in harms way in Iraq and more particularly Afghanistan. Please think of my favorite people, the Marines, and particularly of my young friend GySgt Terrance "D" D'Allesandro and the men of Lima 3/5 who are in Helmund Province and who already lost several friends last week.

As a Vietnam Marine I echo the pledge that, "Never again will one generation of Veterans abandon another." As long as we remember them and honor their memory they will live forever.
    My thoughts are with your bud and my grandson lcpl Jon Dibautista,3/5 weapons, Sangin
    Our small county has lost one son to Helmond prov and have several others serving in the 3/5

Blog Entries

It was an honor to serve

It was truly an honor to serve my country for 26 years. I was never shot at or asked to fire a shot in anger. I greatly respect those who have been called upon to serve in a hot war. I'd do it again if the chance arrived.

Thank you all for remembering.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

A big THANK YOU to all Veterans, for your service and sacrifice. It's because of you, that we can live free in the greatest country in the world.
    Please remember also those who never came home.
    I was sad because I had no shoes,
    Then I saw a man who had no feet
    ================================
    If you do today what no one else will,
    You'll do tomorrow what no one else can