Thread: Shop Fox W1706 Bandsaw Factory Box Question..

Shop Fox W1706 Bandsaw Factory Box Question..

I am looking to purchase this saw, based on the reviews, prices, and my size needs. Pretty set on getting it, but just a couple questions....

How does it come once shipped? One big monstrosity, 2 or more? One reason I'm asking is that I'll have to have it delivered to a business near me probably as I'm not home a lot.

Also, planning on putting it in a basement by myself - and it'd be so much easier to take down in several pieces, vs. maybe taking it apart and hauling down. Any feedback on the delivery / getting it into the basement much appreciated. Thanks, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Rupert View Post
    I am looking to purchase this saw, based on the reviews, prices, and my size needs. Pretty set on getting it, but just a couple questions....

How does it come once shipped? One big monstrosity, 2 or more? One reason I'm asking is that I'll have to have it delivered to a business near me probably as I'm not home a lot.

Also, planning on putting it in a basement by myself - and it'd be so much easier to take down in several pieces, vs. maybe taking it apart and hauling down. Any feedback on the delivery / getting it into the basement much appreciated. Thanks, Larry

I can't answer your question specifically but I will give you a bump and some ideas. Most 14" cast clones are shipped in two boxes, stand and saw. You can get some idea of size and weight from the Grizzly G0555X http://cdn6.grizzly.com/specsheets/g0555x_ds.pdf the saw itself will probably weigh a little less than the Grizzly since it has a bigger motor I guess the G0555 will be close to the same weight for the saw, the 555X will be close on the stand from looking at them, but the dimensions of the box are pretty similar.

You can take off the table and wheels before moving it. For a 14" bandsaw this would make for a fairly simple move. I would say take off the motor which would help, but for my Grizz BS this would have meant taking off the pulley.

If you take off the table make sure you watch for shims which are small metal washers between the table and stand. These are very important to get back where they started or your machine's table will likely end up out of square.

-Brian

When I ordered my Shop Fox jointer, I contacted them directly and they told me the size and weight of each box that was coming my way. They were very helpful, so I suggest you ask them and find out for sure.

Thanks..

Thanks guys, those are all very good ideas, and good information. I love this place!! Larry