Thread: vector cutting problem

vector cutting problem

I got an Epilog mini 40 with Coreldraw x5. Our salesman wanted us to play with it while he was out of town. Been playing all week and everything seems to work except it will not vector cut. When I set it up combined (raster & vector) it will raster only. When set up as vector only, I hit go, it stops immediately and says "done". What am I missing?

Rich,

Are there any hairlines in the file? If not, the Epilog will not vector cut. The hairline width tells the engraver to vector cut.

Darryl has hit upon the most common mistake, often the outline is one point width and won't cut.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

In order to quickly set all your graphics to hairline so that they will vector do the following.

Select the Pic Tool. (The little arrow in the upper left hand of the screen)

Make sure nothing is selected. And double click the little pen icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen.

This will bring up a little dialog box called Outline Pen.

Check the Graphic if its not already checked and hit OK

On main Dialog that follows select the width pulldown and select Hairline. then click OK

Now all your new graphic shapes in this drawing will default to hair line. Keep in mind this is only for this dawing. Any new drawings will again default to .5

If you want to make it perminant go into tools menu and select Options. Then select document. (Dont expand)

On the right side you will have the ability to save by checking the save option and clicking OK.

Now all new drawings will have this set as a default.
    Last edited by Michael Simpson Virgina; 11-01-2010 at 12:34 AM.