Thread: Has anyone done business with Alsalasers?

Has anyone done business with Alsalasers?

This company is suppose to be in El Paso, TX. I ordered a laser tube from them. It arrived broken, via USPS express mail, and it was insured. However, he filed the claim in my name, and the Post Office issued the check to him. I have tried numerous times to contact him via email, to no avail. Just wondering about their integrity.

Thanks,
    Dave Mitchell
    BrightStar 60 watt laser, Roland Print & Cut
    Screen Printing, Embroidery, Signs, Pad Printing

"Quality is remembered, long after price is forgotten"

David, ck your PM

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

If you paid with a credit card (which you should do on all internet transactions) then just do a charge back. You'll have your money back in less than a week if you're in the right.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Paid through PayPal, he sent them a copy of the claim and they said the transaction was complete.

Dave

When you pay through PayPal, the payment is processed one of 3 ways.

1) PayPal "bucks". Basically if you sold anything and received money through PayPal, this is PayPal bucks.

2) Payment directly from a bank account.

3) Payment from a credit card.

In options #1 & #2, you basically have to deal with Paypal's dispute group to get your money back. Results are typically not great, but it's worth a shot. If you pay through your credit card, don't even bother filing a dispute through PayPal and call up your credit card company directly. They will take care of everything for you.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    When you pay through PayPal, the payment is processed one of 3 ways.

1) PayPal "bucks". Basically if you sold anything and received money through PayPal, this is PayPal bucks.

2) Payment directly from a bank account.

3) Payment from a credit card.

In options #1 & #2, you basically have to deal with Paypal's dispute group to get your money back. Results are typically not great, but it's worth a shot. If you pay through your credit card, don't even bother filing a dispute through PayPal and call up your credit card company directly. They will take care of everything for you.
    Paypal is quite notorious about that, they usually block your account if you use a credit card and do a charge back. I guess your best bet is to try to contact him by other means and try to work it out, his ebay account looks decent and you have the creek here to inform so he has much more to loose. Looks like he works from Mexico and has some local support in Texas.

Kim

Paypal won't block your account. They want your business because they make money off you. If they block your account, they won't make money. Even if they do decide to block your account, make a new one. It only takes 10 minutes.

Like I said, if the company isn't refunding your money, call your credit card company and have them do a charge back. You'll have your money back in a week.

David, I did the search, and came back with: the company is listed out of Juarez MX, the website you gave me is gone. it too was listed out of MX, I could not locate the man by the name you gave me. At this point I would contact the CC company and give them whatever info you have. I'll let you know if more info pops up.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

This sounds like a great scam idea......I take a broken laser tube out of the trash and sell it to some guy for $1,000........then when it arrives broken, I file a claim with USPS and get ANOTHER $1,000. I need to give up the laser and become a scammer.......
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Contact your post master, that's a nasty offense and they'll take it serious.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

website info

Greg, I may have given you the wrong site.
    It is Alsalaser.mex.tl it list a phone number in the US, however you get a recording. He is actually in Juarez not El Paso, as his ebay items say.

Thanks,
    Dave

Update

CREDIT CARD COMPANY CHARGED BACK PAYPAL, WE WILL SEE.

Dave

Update

After PayPal got the charge-back, they decided to investigate, which they should have done in the beginning.
    They gave the seller 10 days to respond, this is day 8, no response.
    It looks like, he will get a charge-back.

Dave

Hi,

Was this tube for your BrightStar laser? Can you tell me why you didn't buy a new tube from them? I am in the process of buying a BrightStar laser so it's not just curiosity.

-James
    Liberty CNC / Sherline / Mach3 / SheetCAM / CorelDraw V12, X3 and X4 / EZ Smart System / DragonCNC / DXFTool

Question Laser Tube

I got what I thought was a great price, 350.00 + free shipping. I was just buying it for a spare, mine is still working great, after 3 years.
    The only reason was on price. When I need one, I will call Jim @ Brightstar. He has them on the shelf, as well as any part you might need. Sometime we get caught up in price. Ironic, does not run true to my by-line. I think I should stop and read it again.

Dave