Thread: Received my G1023WRLX

Received my G1023WRLX

I got it almost 2 months ago, but it was a month before I could take it out of the box. I've never had a big saw like this, and I ran into some problems. They may be a normal thing, but I thought I would ask if anyone has had the same thing.

First, and really not too bad are the extension tables. They aren't flat by about 1/32" from front to back, and the Grizzly tech told me I should tighten the front or back bolt first, then the middle, and finally the other side which would have to be clamped back into place. Maybe this is normal for solid extensions. It's just that my old Sears with the webbed extensions was flat on both sides. So my question here is "Have any of you run into this before with the Grizzly or any other saws?"

The other thing is the back rail on the Shop Fox fence. It has a bend of about 1/16" between the cutouts for the table T slots. Grizzly sent me a new one without question. It happened to be the wrong back rail for my saw, but I did notice a bend in the same place as the original. I returned it because it was the wrong one and told the Grizz tech about the bend. I just received the new one, which is the right rail, but it does have the bend in it... same place. I'm not real sure how crucial it is for the rail to be exactly straight. It only has 2 bolts into the main table of the saw, so it can't be adjusted like the wings are.

Anyway, just wondering if these are usual problems, and what you did to correct them if you had the same problems. Thanks for any feedback.

The process to bolt one end of the extension table and work you way to the other is common practice. The procedure is in every table saw manual I have ever had.

The back rail serves 2 purposes. It supports the rear end of the fence and gives you a place to bolt the side table to. IF the bend is such that it causes a gap when you place it against the table, I would just bolt it down and try to close the gap as much as possible without stripping the bolt holes. If the bend is such that the top of the it causes the end ot the fence to dip down towards the floor, bolt it on so that the fence is level with the table except the bent part. If the fence bends upward I would hit it with a grinder and put some paint on it. I have the 1023 RL and don't have the fence problem.

HTH
    Cary

On my G0691 saw, one wing was off a little, but not 1/32" It was easy to adjust flat in the manner Griz told you to do. I used the wooden clamps to do it. Other wing was perfect. I used the same method when I added my home built extension table on the right side, although I wasn't as worried about it being perfectly flat, just didn't want it above the saw's table. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

My 1023 RLX had zero problems. Extension tables dead flat and no bends in the back rail. What the tech rep told you is exactly right.

Thanks guys. Actually I'm glad to hear that this is sort of a normal thing. Since the boxes were damaged by the trucking company I just wanted to make sure... some good sized holes in the boxes that I did report, but no marks on the tools themselves. I have other Grizzly tools that are dead on, and I have been happy with all of them. I even named my dog Grizz, but then he looked like one. Actually 3 dogs... Grizz, Lee, and Bear. It made it easy to call them all at the same time.

That's very cool David. Congrats on the smooth assembly. It sure helps the whole plan come together.

This isnt a Grizzly problem alone. I had the same problem with my Delta cabinet saw. I used a parallel clamp to bring the extension wing in line with the table before snugging up the bolts. Been straight ever since. (6 years now)
    My favorite cologne is BLO