Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank's Workshop Construction Project is Complete

Frank's Workshop Construction Project is Complete

For those who may have missed it and may want to know, I consider this project to be finished (or, at least, as finished as any such project ever is). See post #305 in the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...9&page=1&pp=15 for the wrap-up report.

Congratulatios, Frank. Being in the middle of it myself, I know the struggle it can be sometimes. Time to make lots of sawdust and stay safe.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Frank -

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Also thank you for including us on the step by step details. There was some bit of information in there for everyone. (More than just a bit for me.)

A major accomplishment to be very proud of!

Well done,
    Ted

I for one think this has been a great year watching Frank build his shop, and also is invaluable to all those who will ever build thier own shop. Do i see a book deal out there Frank? Have you thought about it? You have all the notes and pictures...might be a way to make some money for future tool purchases!!!!

Question A book?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    I for one think this has been a great year watching Frank build his shop, and also is invaluable to all those who will ever build thier own shop. Do i see a book deal out there Frank? Have you thought about it? You have all the notes and pictures...might be a way to make some money for future tool purchases!!!!
    I certainly have enough material for a book. Only about one quarter of my notes have been posted on the forum.

Do you seriously think that such a book would sell if it were to be published?

Do you seriously think that such a book would sell if it were to be published?
    I honestly do, and ussually i am the FIRST to poke holes and point out reasons why things won't work...just ask my wife*LOL*

I think a comprehensive guide to building a workshop that includes electrical, dust collection and tool selection would be a great reference manual to have. Yours is designed for the DIY'er who is looking to build a great shop in a small space and is geared toward quality. And with your computer skills, it may even be something you could self publish as an online book. I could see it selling not only in bookstores, but in hard ware stores and even in Home Depot...the question is how best to make money for you and not for home depot. I for one would buy it.

Thumbs up

Well, Frank it's been a quite a while since you started your workshop. I was just going back and reading some of the posts from early on. It appears you have just about what you planned to build. A few changes here and there, but I think that happens on any constuction project.

Now it's time for the equipment. When can we expect to see the first of all these nifty new tools arriving? I think the D/C is looking for a little work out. Is Ethan getting excited about moving in to his/your new shop?

I was just thinking that maybe you should abandon all cords and go "neander" so that you may teach Ethan in that manner of WW. Just a thought.

Congratulations. We'll be looking forward to some really nice projects coming out of your shop.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 12-24-2004 at 12:26 PM.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Congratulations Frank,

As for the book idea, I definately think it wood work, and I'd definately buy it. Seriously. I really think you should do it. Just think about the tools that you could buy. You could get that new 350 without feeling guilty. And if you keep good notes and are successful with the first book you can write others. I don't know how esle to incourage you to write the book besides say RIGHT THE BOOK!!! Put your heart and soul into it and you will get something in return. My only suggestion would be to research the things that you might know less about so you can keep the quality up. Now, get to making some saw dust.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 12-24-2004 at 6:14 PM.

Hi Frank,

congrats on the completed shop. I bet that you will spend many enjoyable hours in it and I look forward to interesting discussions on shop furniture and equipment.
    I'd also like to thank you for the excellent documentation that you provided here on SMC. A book would probably be the crown of it.

Regards,

Christian
    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    And I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it's true
    That who is what and what is who."

(A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)

Frank,

Congradulations and thanks for the step by step progress report. I have learned alot from following your post. I hope you have as much fun working in your new shop as we have had watching you build it.

Brian

I would buy your book, and I *never* buy howto books.

Thumbs up

Congrats Frank you'll get many years of enjoyment out of that shop!

Job well done
    Jim
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

Congrats Frank. Great job. Looking forward to some pics of it filled up.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Congratulations on this milestone, Frank! And a big thank-you for the wonderful threads you started and carried through on various aspects of the construction. Of course...it's not really "finished" even and certainly not until the tools are all there!!! (It's only money... ) Happy Holidays!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Frank,

Congrats on getting your shop to the point of being able to consider it done. It might be interesting to add up all the hours you spent on it, planning and working, to give potential shop builders an idea of what they'd be in for.
    Rob