Thread: Is it over yet?

Is it over yet?

Well I don’t know about you guys but this Christmas stuff is starting to get to me! Everybody wants something lathed from me. Not only do I have to make it but I have to worry if they will like what I did or not. So anyhow I have been in the shop the last couple of nights and this is what I have done so far.

I decided to make a small goblet and see just how thin of a stem I could make. Even with my custom attachment to the live center I chickened out with what you see. You can scale by the quarter sitting next to it. The Goblet wall is a bit under a 16th of an inch and the thinnest part of the stem is just over that. This is Granadillo.

I made this box out of Quilted Maple. It is much better in person as the figure changes depending on how the light is hitting it. Again it is a simple form box as I am trying to work on my proportions.

Comments and opinions always welcome.

Thumbs up

Very Nice Kenneth!! Great Job!!I think anyone would be happy with a hand made gift that looks like them
    Jim
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

I would be thrilled to recieve either one as a gift. Good job. If they don't like it, take it back and send it to me just kidding. Happy Christmas

Great job Kenneth! What's not to like? The goblet is exceptional.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Those are the kind of gifts that will be treasured forever rather than the stuff from those discount stores made in China.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"