Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jewelry box to go with humidor

Blog Entries

Jewelry box to go with humidor

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around much. Long hours beating the economy into submission. A while back I had posted a Koa Humidor I had made for a woman to give to her husband. She also decided she would like a jewelry box to match it. It took me 6 months to catch up but it's finally done. It's Koa, Curly Maple, hard Maple and Walnut. Please enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Absolutely amazing Bill!!!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful work.

wow

this box is something unbelievable, thank you for showing to us.
    Your work giving my stimulus to learn more in ww.
    thank you.
    Ed.

Beautiful box, as usual. Your work is quite inspirational. This piece makes me wonder if I'm losing it, though. I clearly read "jewelery box" to go with a previously made humidor, afterwhich I promptly looked at the pictures and thought "there's no way a cigar can fit in there with all those dividers!" Gorgeous piece, regardless of my lack of reading comprehension.

Just outstanding.

phenomenal

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys very much. There's a matching humidor to go with it. The humi has an "S" initial on top for their last name and she loves Hawaii so I did the flower. It was my first attempt at the toasting in the hot sand technique. I'm quite happy with the results. Just another trick I learned from the pro's here.

That is one Sweet Jewelry Box Bill... First class work as usual.
    Thanks for the look see.

Bill - that is spectacular as usual. Excellent work. Glad to see you back and posting again.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Just **** !

Would you please care to explain how those corner joints are made.....???
    Pleasche...???

I thought I saw a flash from down south. I thought it was some secret nuclear testing they were doing in the desert between us but now I'm guessing it was just when you walked from your shop to the house with the jewelry box and the sun hit it just right. I hope you didn't blind any satellites with that.

Amazing work, as usual. Your inlay looks great. The edge burn gives it great dimension. The wood is stunning and you've used it to maximum effect. Somehow, it isn't too busy, even though it's full of movement. Great job. I'm always anxious to see what you've done next.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so very much everyone. I'm already on to the next 3 projects. As far as the corners go, I learned that from Jameel, another member here. He did a "how to" on the build of an Oud. I did it on one humi and got requests for the design ever since.

Awesome

That is incredible, simply incredible.

Like the previous poster, I too would love to know how those corners were constructed!

Quite a bar you've set . . .
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Hey Bill - not to hijack this thread but did you ever finish that giant humidor you were working on a while back? Bubinga if memory serves. Apologies if you posted it - I missed it if you did.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields