Thread: John Jordan in the house, a little gloat

John Jordan in the house, a little gloat

I had the wonderful privilage of hosting Mr. John Joran in my home while he was in Memphis doing a 2 day seminar for the Mid-South Woodturners Guild earlier this month. If you ever have the opportunity to see Mr. Jordan in person, don't miss it. His seminar is packed with great tips and common sense information that you can take straight to the shop and use. His teaching style is wonderfully laid back and relaxed yet nobody left the room for fear of missing something. AND, and this is a big AND in my book, I got to spend a couple of hours one on one with John in my shop (see attached pics). The pic of Mr. Jordan and myself was taken in my shop, the others were taken at the seminar. If you can't see John in person, he has a great new dvd out. You can find John's web site at johnjordanwoodturning.com. I am not getting paid for this, just a very satisfied student passing on some good info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brad McCollum
    Mac Woodworks

John's a great fellow, a consumate technician on the lathe and a wonderful artist. I've met him a few times at various events and bought my Stubby 750 from him. He and his lovely are just plain nice people!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I had the chance to meet John Jordan at a symposium last year in NY. He really is a treat to be around and learn from. His knowledge is so easy to take in because he is just so easy to listen to. Love that drawl.

John visited our club earlier in the year. Everyone had a good time. I have pics on my web page here.

w w w.frisbee.org/jj/jj.html