Thread: The Right Buffer/Polisher Tool For Small Projects

The Right Buffer/Polisher Tool For Small Projects

Hello,

I've started to make cigar boxes on a regular basis and they are turning out great. I am now looking to simplify and speed up the finish polish step. I am using 3m's Imperial Polish (expensive but works good). My 10" polisher is big and dwarfs the box. I have found 6" and even 3" polishers online. They are either too big (like the Porta-Cable) or small but only operate above 3500 OBM/RPM (Griot and many others). I THINK!!! Ideally, it would be great to find palm style polisher that can operate at variable speeds and below 2200. Any speed above that seams impact the lacquer finish.

What are others using for technique and tools for polishing smaller projects?

Have you thought about adding a buffing bonnet/pad to your RO sander? They are available with Hook & Loop connections to the sanders. That's what I use on small projects.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.