Thread: Lux bandsaw

Lux bandsaw

I picked up this little gem for practically nothing. I never get deals like this always wanted a small metal/ wood bandsaw.
    Its been in storage a long time maybe since the 80s. It doesn’t have much wear although the tire were needing replacement. I also pulled the bearings on the upper wheel and repacked the grease. So far it look to be a well made saw that’s easy to work on. The saw is under 5 ft tall.
    Im contemplating changing the bearings on the motor. The grease has to be dry.
    Feel free to suggest any work the saw might need.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrew Hughes; 01-12-2024 at 10:50 PM.
    Aj

Nice find.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

I would get some spare bearings in for the guides before needed. Cheap enough for no name sealed bearing for a tube of ten if you are not in a hurry.
    BilLD

See about cleaning and lubing the reeves drive slide sleeve. I would think about Dupont chainsaver spray lube. Wax in a spray can
    BilL D.
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ives-Mechanics

Thanks Bill. I will look at lubing the Reeves drive. Do you think I should mess with the motor bearings? Or drain and fill the oil in what looks like the gears for the drive wheel.
    Everything runs but I’m not sure what normal sounds like
    Aj

Good for you!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”