Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Wood Working Shows. Anyone going?

Recent Wood Working Shows. Anyone going?

Just got the flier in the mail yesterday for the DFW show. Oct. 22-24. Anyone going? Not sure I care to unless their recent shows have shown some improvement. Any reports from recent shows?
    It's probably 40-45 miles each way and have to deal with Dallas traffic. I see Rockler is having some specials and demos. Thanks for any info you can offer. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I will attend the show here in Chicago area

I know people aren't thrilled by them, but I try and support them since we have nothing else. Besides, I'm still kicking myself for not buying my 20" Delta DP at the show where it was being offered for about $150 less than what I paid for it just a month later[show only special] Yeah, I would have had to drive home and pick up my truck, come back the next day or later the same day. I talked myself out of it, only to buy the darn thing a month later from the same company! At any rate Jim, it's a good excuse to buy more shop casters from Peachtree's huge booth
    Umm, saves on shipping, don't chu know!
    My only real complaint is that it isn't held in warmer months

When and where is it held. Thank you. Jim
    Jim Shockey

I think I will probably go on sunday. I don't imagine I'll buy anything but it is a chance to run into and say hi to people I nerver see any other time. Maybe you Jim.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Should be Dec., in Schaumburg IL

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Shockey View Post
    When and where is it held. Thank you. Jim
    Checked their website today, it's held December 10-12, hours, Friday 12-6, Sat. 10-6, and Sunday, 10-4. Location is again at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center, 1551 N. Thoreau Drive Schaumburg IL 60173
    I try to take off for the first day of the show, Friday, so any possible deals are still there and no one's run out of stuff yet like towards the end of the weekend when I used to go in the past-
    Last edited by Callan Campbell; 10-11-2010 at 2:53 PM. Reason: Date/place info

Quote Originally Posted by Callan Campbell View Post
    Check the Show's web site for better info, but when I last looked, it was at the same convention center out in Schaumburg, in early December.
    I try to take off for the first day of the show, Friday, so any possible deals are still there and no one's run out of stuff yet like towards the end of the weekend when I used to go in the past-
    I will try to make it out as well!

I went to the AWFS show in Las Vegas last year so now it is hard to go to anything less. Probably go next year again just for fun.

I'm not in the TX area, but I'm wondering what group the woodworking show is put on by.

There used to be one in York, PA every November that I believe was put on by "woodworks". It was a pretty decent show and I always enjoyed going, but I can't find any info on it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Callan Campbell View Post
    Checked their website today, it's held December 10-12, hours, Friday 12-6, Sat. 10-6, and Sunday, 10-4. Location is again at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center, 1551 N. Thoreau Drive Schaumburg IL 60173
    Thank you for the information. Sunday will be my day. Thanks again, Jim
    Jim Shockey

Sorry, I should have put a URL in for clarification as to which show I was talking about. This is the only one we ever get here locally. http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/
    Steve, I might show up on Sunday for a little bit unless the Rangers are still playing. I would like to meet you. Maybe we can get Kelly to drive in. In fact, if enough others are interested, maybe we can set a time and place to find each other and do a quick get together. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I'm planning on going to the one in Costa Mesa, California on Oct. 29th. Maybe I'll find some items I need at the show.

Hi Jim,

My shop is still in chaos after our move, but it looks like I may be able to get started on some things in there by Thanksgiving. I've been so busy doing other projects around the house and yard. We had to get this place ready, inside and out, for our nine basset hound adults and a litter of puppies that we had this summer. Now I'm tiling a washroom for the dogs. My wife wants it done before it starts getting cold and she can't wash the dogs outside any more.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I will probably try to make it this year to Dallas. I missed last year for the first time in a long time and the year before there wa no show. The shows have been unsettled for the past few years with different management. Not sure which day yet.
    And now for something completely different....

Ahhhh, puppies!!! We had 2 rescue pups in May/June. They were the best pups. If Glenna hadn't been facing the breast cancer and subsequent surgery and treatment, one of them would have stayed here. They were about 15 lbs each when we got them, about 35 when they left here, and about 55 when they were adopted out last month. The photos we get show the one we would have kept to still be a sweetheart. Luke.jpg His hair is wet because he joined one of the family in the shower!!! Jim.

We had a litter of six in June. Here's a picture of one we hope to show.
    Vickie's Pup Doc Sept. 2010.jpg

Most our summer was spent taking care of the puppies.

I just looked at your latest posts on your shop. It's really coming along great and is a true inspiration. You have really done a lot. Thanks for posting details of all your projects.
    Last edited by Don Bullock; 10-15-2010 at 12:12 AM.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Blog Entries
    I'm hitting the Craftsman Exposition in Pasadena, CA tomorrow. Darrell Peart and Tom Stangeland will have pieces there and I look forward to seeing their work up close up and personal.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler