Thread: For those who DO use Twitter...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My kids use Twitter, so I have an account to see what is going on with them. We used to catch up on a phone call now and then, but the little things are not usually remembered. With Twitter/Facebook/Myspace it is more real-time keeping up - rather than the occasional phone calls. I don't tweet much because I am not as comfortable putting out my activiteis and feelings for everyone to see.

And Yes - you can reply to a tweet. You can also re-tweet. Probably other things too that I am not aware of...

Thanks guys. I started with Facebook, then deleted the account, then started again. Primarily because of the kids who are on opposite ends of the country. We also Text, and send pic's back and forth on the smart-phones, etc. Whatever technology we can use to stay more connected... even Skype for the video of the grand kids as well.

Twitter, on the other hand, seems very complicated, but my interest in it came from wanting to follow some of the politics now-a-days. I don't think I know one soul on Twitter, but it seems people in business and politics use it quite effectively... and that interests me.

I want to try to learn how all this works, and maybe then I'll form an opinion on it.

I can also imagine that certain help-groups could benefit.

Or research-groups, etc.

But it does look like it is quite complicated, and probably goes deeper than it appears.

Thanks, Rick. I wonder if the Pres' answers any of the replies to his Tweets, or Sarah Palin? <smile>