Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical Wire

If you have run the conduit in 100% steel (EMT, IMC or Rigid no PVC) you also can use the counduit as the bond(ground).
    Local code issue...... We can't do that here anymore. ALL runs have to include a grounding conductor.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Peterson View Post
    I had almost the exact same situation. $55 for a 500 foot roll and about 4X the price to buy it per foot. 150 feet is the grey zone where it is cheaper to buy a 500 foot roll.

Steve
    Yep, that is totally my situation. Just wondered if you guys knew of a cheap source.

I asked around a few people this morning after posting - as luck would have it - 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon - I wound up with half a spool of Black, Green, and Grey. I totally expected to pay for it, but he said to just take it. It was on a shelf in the 'scrap' warehouse of a large contractor. (stealth gloat)

I plan to just use the Grey as white - I'm running PVC conduit in my garage and plan to take it with me when I leave so I'm not worried about the next homeowner not seeing a white.

Thanks for the ideas guys

Copper prices are on the way up so the longer you delay the more it's going to cost! I always buy the 500' rolls, you will probably need it someday.