Thread: Delta table saw model #36-000 /8-10 years old?

Delta table saw model #36-000 /8-10 years old?

Anyone have a Delta table saw model #36-000 about 8-10 years old? And if so what are your thoughts of this saw. I am looking at buying this saw possible just for a dado set up. I know someone that has one that has just been sitting around (lives out of town) but I am not sure on how good these saws are. I know some of the older stuff is better quality than the new ones. If someone had a pic of this saw it would help as well. (An 8-10 year old one) This would only, like I said be a dado saw.

Thanks
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I think you got the model number wrong. I don't think that model exists. I used to have a 36-600. Get a belt drive 34-xxx series and you will be satsified. I have a US made 34-444 and very satisfied with it.

I have a Delta 36-630 that is about 8 years old. I use it exclusively for dados as you intend. I bought it used and I am very happy with it. I have it on a shopmade set of rollers and it resides against the wall until needed.

I have a 36-600 and I like it

I got a used 36-600 off CL for $50 and I like it a lot. The table and some of the bolts were a little rusty, but after a little cleaning, adding a router table, and a vega fence, and a rolling base it has been very nice. I am sure it would run into power issues in certain application, but it has done pretty much everything I have needed it to do. I really like the small footprint in my cluttered garage.

-Nick

Thanks for all the info. I decided to pass on the saw. I think I will wait and get something a little bit bigger. I am not in a hurry, I have a cabinet saw now and I can afford to wait for the right one to come along for the backup dado set up.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006